Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Soldato
Despite the fact it's just a console and not important at all, I'm getting cold feet about switching over to Xbox. Despite all the goodness I know it just wont feel the same but hopefully I get used to it. Guess I won't really lose much if I don't like it as I can use the GP on Pc.

Soldato
Despite the fact it's just a console and not important at all, I'm getting cold feet about switching over to Xbox. Despite all the goodness I know it just wont feel the same but hopefully I get used to it. Guess I won't really lose much if I don't like it as I can use the GP on Pc.
Why’re you getting cold feet about the XsX?

Soldato
Why’re you getting cold feet about the XsX?

Just because it's a change, silly reasons like its A,B not X,O etc, the fact the controller is different albeit still comfortable. I've had every PS since it was a thing and it just feels weird stepping away I guess. I suppose I just need to look at the game prices to help me forget that!

I'm fully aware how silly these reasons are.

Soldato
Starting to think I should've pre-ordered the xsx instead, ps5 is looking more expensive by the day. £450 + £70 per game + online fee, compared to £450 + gamepass that also works on PC.
At least I got a xss I guess.
You know that next gen games on both platforms are £70 right? Not everything is on GamePass, only first party exclusives (of which there are currently....none) and old third party games that chop and change all the time? I thought the same thing and grabbed a 1X last year with the gamepass £1 thing, played Hellblade and realised there was nothing else I wanted!

For me, until Halo Infinite releases there is no reason to grab an XSX. Even that might not be worth it unless they really pull their finger out.

Soldato
You can always sell it on if it turns out it’s not for you. You getting the ps5 as well ?

I have both ordered, the plan is to cancel one closer to the time when I'd decided but I can't see much happening on the PS front between launch now. There is also the potential of more disappointing news I guess. I even tried to justify the £70 thing, like maybe I'll actually be more selective with that I play and it will be like the old days when I was a kid and only got games at xmas or birthdays so I appreciated them more.

Soldato
You know that next gen games on both platforms are £70 right? Not everything is on GamePass, only first party exclusives (of which there are currently....none) and old third party games that chop and change all the time? I thought the same thing and grabbed a 1X last year with the gamepass £1 thing, played Hellblade and realised there was nothing else I wanted!

For me, until Halo Infinite releases there is no reason to grab an XSX. Even that might not be worth it unless they really pull their finger out.
Hellblade was the only thing I played all the way through on GP as well. Most of what's there that interests me I've already played and finished. It's great for some but with a new console I want new games not old ones. XSX isn't giving me that at launch so I'll wait it out. BC is nice to have but it's not enough in itself.

Soldato
I won't be getting XSX until the next Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon are out on game pass.

I think at that point I can sell it to myself as being good value.

Was checking game pass out last night (as I was packing up my XOX to sell) and tbh at the moment there are like 2 games I'd probs get into that I haven't played yet.

Ideally I'd prefer to build a PC and game on that but I have no where to put one really and I ran a spec the other day and it was £1k without really trying!

Soldato
I have both ordered, the plan is to cancel one closer to the time when I'd decided...

Yeah, me to! I'll probably just go for the Playstation as my current Xbox one has barely been used other than for the occasional game of halo/Forza or the of month of game pass. I loved my Xbox 360 but the Xbox one never really appealed in the same way.

Whereas my Playstation 4 I used all the time and all my friends are on that platform. Microsoft's lack of commitment to any kind of VR headset support frustrates me as well.

I won't be getting XSX until the next Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon are out on game pass.

That's my feeling. If there's no Halo or Forza titles available at launch then there's no point in buying the system IMO.

Caporegime
Even if I were to get an Xbox because I'm a sucker for more powerful hardware I can't imagine a situation where I wouldn't desperately want a PS5 once stuff like GT7 and Horizon Zero Dawn are released.

Soldato
Just because it's a change, silly reasons like its A,B not X,O etc, the fact the controller is different albeit still comfortable. I've had every PS since it was a thing and it just feels weird stepping away I guess. I suppose I just need to look at the game prices to help me forget that!

I'm fully aware how silly these reasons are.
Doesn't seem silly at all, it's what you know/love and like about PlayStation I guess, I kinda feel the same.

I didn't know that about gamepass, do they swap around all of the games or do they keep core favourites such as all the Gears/Halo games?

Soldato
I didn't know that about gamepass, do they swap around all of the games or do they keep core favourites such as all the Gears/Halo games?

All the first party stuff like gears and halo are staying put, it seems like a lot of Bethesda stuff will be coming over too.

Some games have been on there for ages, other stuff like RDR2 only for a short time but you get notice of it coming off so have plenty of time to complete most games. Alternatively you can purchase games on game pass and get a decent discount if you want to keep forever.

Soldato
Doesn't seem silly at all, it's what you know/love and like about PlayStation I guess, I kinda feel the same.

MS first party games stay. Everything else comes and goes

Soldato
Odd just had emails from Amazon advising sackboy, spider man and destruction all stars now coming November 12th

I don't get why? Consol is out November 19th in the UK, have Sony shifted the date to the 12?

Back
Top Bottom