Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think I know the answer but still double checking regards to below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-...duty+black+ops+cold+war&qid=1601961338&sr=8-1

I'm assuming as it's digital but says Xbox one and Series X it is the current gen version and will also work on Series S ? Or is it the next gen version as well as current gen? Will the Xbox pick up I have Series S and download the next gen one?

No games for Xbox ever say Series S just One Series X but assuming when it stated Series X it covers Series S as well

There is a "cross gen" version that has standard xbox version, plus updates for next gen version. For some reason, the cross gen isn't available on Aamzon, but you can pre-order cross gen version direct on xbox store.

It will still work on Series X/S, but will be running standard xbox one version - but whether that would be xbox one x version or standard xbox version, who knows.

Soldato
There is a "cross gen" version that has standard xbox version, plus updates for next gen version. For some reason, the cross gen isn't available on Aamzon, but you can pre-order cross gen version direct on xbox store.

It will still work on Series X/S, but will be running standard xbox one version - but whether that would be xbox one x version or standard xbox version, who knows.
Just seems it's all messy when it comes to this game and so many versions :(

Amazon don't even list ps5 physical version unless your on Amazon US

Dev confirmed series s will have the 120fps support too so you'd think ubisoft would have made it simpler and not have 10 versions of the same game

I think I'll wait until I get my Series S and pre order it from store as that maybe simpler!

I'd of usually got this on PS5 but few friends opting for Xbox this time

Soldato
It isn't messy really, as MS are making it more like upgrading your PC. The game runs on Xbox. Like a game off Steam will run on PC. It is dependant on what Xbox you own, but it will run with the graphic settings to suit that console. Bit like changing your graphics card, you can now turn the settings up a bit. :)

Soldato
It isn't messy really, as MS are making it more like upgrading your PC. The game runs on Xbox. Like a game off Steam will run on PC. It is dependant on what Xbox you own, but it will run with the graphic settings to suit that console. Bit like changing your graphics card, you can now turn the settings up a bit. :)
That's true but cod case from what I've read seems you need to buy specific one

Hence why it has 10 versions

Caporegime
I think I know the answer but still double checking regards to below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-...duty+black+ops+cold+war&qid=1601961338&sr=8-1

I'm assuming as it's digital but says Xbox one and Series X it is the current gen version and will also work on Series S ? Or is it the next gen version as well as current gen? Will the Xbox pick up I have Series S and download the next gen one?

No games for Xbox ever say Series S just One Series X but assuming when it stated Series X it covers Series S as well

It is going to be confusing for consumers, expecially for those not in the know and who want to buy games as gifts!

It would appear that new xbox box art will say "series X" which is misleading.

I thought they would have just said - "Xbox Series"

Caporegime
It is going to be confusing for consumers, expecially for those not in the know and who want to buy games as gifts!

It would appear that new xbox box art will say "series X" which is misleading.

I thought they would have just said - "Xbox Series"
On digital editions, Xbox Series would make sense, but the disc based ones, obviously just need to say Series X.

Caporegime
On digital editions, Xbox Series would make sense, but the disc based ones, obviously just need to say Series X.

Ah yes, i didnt think about that! However that COD link on Amazon is a download code but it still says "series X" which is misleading. Surely it should say "Series S" also.

Soldato
I thought Smart Delivery was supposed to mean it doesn’t matter, just buy an Xbox game wherever & you’ll end up with the best version for the console you have?

It is confusing that a download code would spell out Xbox One and Series X specifically.

Soldato
I thought Smart Delivery was supposed to mean it doesn’t matter, just buy an Xbox game wherever & you’ll end up with the best version for the console you have?

It is confusing that a download code would spell out Xbox One and Series X specifically.

It only applies to games released by MS studios I believe. For others it’s up to the dev if they support it or sell different versions. It’s too confusing and should have just been standard to all games unless Series X/S only.

Associate
The more I think about it, the more the XsS makes sense - as long as there is a PC version, then there will likely be game assets at varying resolutions that they can use between XsX and XsS. The architecture is very similar between them, so presumably they can write a game and just switch between game assets.

Soldato

Smart Delivery is optional for third party publishers. Ubisoft, for example, are doing it. Activision aren't, hence the mess around Call of Duty.

Evidently someone has messed up with the download code art, as it should say "Xbox One - Series X|S". Probably doesn't help that Series S was revealed so late; by the time they announced it, box art had been around for a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom