• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
They're holding back stock to see where Big Navi lands, if it wins then they'll probably rush out new chips to try take back the win

honestly if nvidia have the chips they should be trying to get as many out as they can because IF amd knock it out of the park on price and performance i can see thousands of them pre orders refunding very fast BUT thats only if amd have stock as well.

Associate
They're holding back stock to see where Big Navi lands, if it wins then they'll probably rush out new chips to try take back the win

Yes a 3090 10-12 GB SKU priced at 899 .... might be too tough to resist
But most folks believe that the demand's been too high..and many of the 3080 buyers might not be aiming the same tier in coming generations

Soldato
Yup it's coming isn't it :D

qY0X6mb

Maybe...maybe not! #ChooChoo

Associate
Which isn't really being supported in games anymore
Just a faint hope that the community would be able to figure that out in a few weeks..
Right now there's no conclusive evidence.
would only make sense if you have a huge backlog of DX 11- era games
if its dead like a dodo, then yes, theres no point in going multi-GPU anymore

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Associate
Will laugh if many of us get AMD high end and it outperforms 3080 for less cash before many of the Nvidia diehards even get their cards lol... will definitely highlight how much of shambles Ampere launch has been.

I read something recently that AMD is also going to use TSMC 6nm, which is basically 7nm EUV, not to be confused with 7nm+.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1422...echnology-7-nm-with-higher-transistor-density

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/08/21/tsmc-6nm-process-is-currently-in-mass-production/

i'll see if i can find the link.

Soldato
I think it's much more likely to be single GPU designs @ 5nm.
Based on what? Nvidia Hopper will MCM, Intel Xe is already MCM, so why would AMD - who were the first to utilise chiplets in CPU design - stay with a monolithic design when it's obvious that we're reaching a dead end with how far monolithic designs can go and still churn out performance uplifts gen on gen.

Man of Honour
Based on what? Nvidia Hopper will MCM, Intel Xe is already MCM, so why would AMD - who were the first to utilise chiplets in CPU design - stay with a monolithic design when it's obvious that we're reaching a dead end with how far monolithic designs can go and still churn out performance uplifts gen on gen.

There is an ocean between using MCM or chiplets for CPUs and GPUs - very little actually transfers over beyond a very general sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom