Black Badges Chav?

Soldato
It is impossible to wear a tracksuit without looking like a chav, with one single exemption: if you're at a running track.

Tracksuit, A class, black badges. That's a match made in a MaccyD's car park.

Soldato
You can wear a tracksuit with out looking chavvy. I wear them 99% of the time because they are comfortable.

Do you only wear them indoors though. The moment you step across the threshold outside your home wearing a tracksuit you're instantly labelled as a chav.

Also any styling that deviates from manufacturer looks pretty chavvy - black badges, funky number plate lettering, tinted lights, you name it.

Associate
OP
Sorry, I require clarity.

Do you wear a tracksuit 99% of the time (and you find them comfortable), or do you only find tracksuits comfortable 99% of the time you spend wearing them?

If it's the former, what do you wear the other 1% of your time (presumably your pajamas, or do you sleep in a tracksuit too)? If the latter, how much of you time do you estimate you spend wearing a tracksuit, and what do you do when you find yourself in those 1% situations where you think "I'm just not comfortable"?

The other 1% of the time is pretty much when I have no choice. So I just accept it and wear what I need to wear. I don't understand who people are trying to impress by wearing jeans. Jogger bottoms are just far more comfortable.

Caporegime
The other 1% of the time is pretty much when I have no choice. So I just accept it and wear what I need to wear. I don't understand who people are trying to impress by wearing jeans. Jogger bottoms are just far more comfortable.
Who are you "impressing" wearing jeans?

Also, there are types of trousers between a tracksuit and a pair of jeans. Chinos for example are typically soft and comfortable.

Do you wear your sport socks over the bottom of your tracksuit?

Associate
I've seen mitsubishi gto with ferrari badges on the wing.

Sorry but that is just stupid.

Putting a gtr badge on an na is also backwards.

Someone on the 350z forum once said that a girl had asked him if his was a Zonda, presumably because of the Z badges, so I guess some people won't know any better :D

But yeah you'd need to have absolutely no shame to do something like that. In general (and this applies to things like black badges, to answer the OP) modifying cars for appearance can produce great results, but a lot of people just haven't got the vision and, let's be honest, taste to pull it off, and so just chuck on a load of random crap and it looks a mess.

Back
Top Bottom