BMW and M Power Owners

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I know what you mean. I sold mine last year as I felt I wasn't using it enough to justify the huge deprecation curve. Capable machine, I did enjoy owning it, but not quite practical enough for daily use with a family (not that I have one), but not quite special enough for the weekend either.

I've been observing M140i/M240i's for the past year, the lockdown has actually had a positive effect on the price, as 2nd hand example went up. Before I imported my Chaser you could grab one for 14-16k fairly easily, now its more like 18-19k+... If insurance wasn't a... I would have grabbed one, but paying over 1k for insurance is just silly.

M2's have had a nice bump in price too! So many guys on the forums sold theirs to WBAC, their prices for pre-facelifts are crazy. Idk how they make profit from them...

Soldato
I've been observing M140i/M240i's for the past year, the lockdown has actually had a positive effect on the price, as 2nd hand example went up. Before I imported my Chaser you could grab one for 14-16k fairly easily, now its more like 18-19k+... If insurance wasn't a... I would have grabbed one, but paying over 1k for insurance is just silly.

M2's have had a nice bump in price too! So many guys on the forums sold theirs to WBAC, their prices for pre-facelifts are crazy. Idk how they make profit from them...

Interesting. Wonder if it's anything to do with the dreadful new M135i?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Interesting. Wonder if it's anything to do with the dreadful new M135i?
Idk tbh, I think its a bit of both, the fact that not as many people can switch cars like they did before COVID. The fact you can no longer get M140i brand new and shortage of cars are all factors that affect the price. Lets be honest, in that category BMW have the best performance to value ratio in the market, decat downpipe and a tune can get you to 430-450bhp.

Just looking at the JDM scene, the prices have went up by crazy amount during lockdown, if I knew this would happen so quickly, I would have kept my S15 for another year.

Edit:

I will probably wait till next year and continue to monitor the prices of M140i's, the market should correct soon and this goes for M2's too. Those who want to sell, should probably sell now before the correction happens. At the end of the day, its the demand that dictates the price, right? :p

Soldato
I've seen a 2013 328i GT in the 'Modern' guise with alright mileage on it. It's up at Blackpool BMW for just under £13k it looks in good condition and its about the right size car for me to get the golf clubs and dog in the boot and kids in the back. Spec wise it looks good, a lot better than my very old x-trail (no surprise there). Parkers gives them a good review just wondering if anyone had anyfirst hand experience with them on here? The nav is a bit crap and i'm not sure if you can update them by either replacing or updating the maps, quick google talks about the new cars not the older ones. I get around mid 20's mpg out of my x-trail so i'm hoping this will get a bit more with it being newer/lighter and a lot more efficient. TIA
looks like you have to have xdrive though ? with the mpg reduction that implicates,
It's a model I would like to have seen them continue with, they do seem distinctive and rare, on my roads anyway.

Soldato
I bought a 2017 M140i a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it so far.

One question though, it has Pro Nav but how do I get the Spotify app to work from my Android phone (Galaxy S9), as far as I can tell I have the latest versions of the car software and my phone is up to date. I've got the phone connected via bluetooth and enabled apps, which I've confirmed is working via the BMW Connected app.

IC3

IC3

Soldato

One question though, it has Pro Nav but how do I get the Spotify app to work from my Android phone (Galaxy S9), as far as I can tell I have the latest versions of the car software and my phone is up to date. I've got the phone connected via bluetooth and enabled apps, which I've confirmed is working via the BMW Connected app.
In the settings you can check the software version, post this on here.

Man of Honour
One question though, it has Pro Nav but how do I get the Spotify app to work from my Android phone (Galaxy S9),

You basically don't.

I bought an old iPhone to leave in the centre console to run Spotify.

Unless you just want to use it as a regular Bluetooth audio device but I'm guessing you've already worked that out and want the full Spotify control.

Soldato
looks like you have to have xdrive though ? with the mpg reduction that implicates,
It's a model I would like to have seen them continue with, they do seem distinctive and rare, on my roads anyway.
No Xdrive on this one, i've seen a few cars with it. this car isn't going to be the best on fuel, combined is 44 so maybe mid 30's ? Not sure how far they are out, gotta be better than the x trail though. Yeh i like the look of them and don't see to many about. Coming from an 4x4 to this will be a bit strange height wise. Finance through car finance 247 seems the cheapest option so far. Paying over 5 years leaves more than enough in the bank after bills etc to account for birthdays/xmas and having an alright social life. Although when i was working out finances yesterday i was alarmed quite how much i waste on total ****!

This is the one i am looking at: https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/202009294339669?quoteref=0e1bb27c-7040-490b-99d2-700172dbfd55

Associate

This, was offered 21K by Knights in Feb, 22K by WBAC in June and then 3 or 4 valuation increases later from WBAC finally accepted 23K. Bought it for 27K new when they were end of line so I don't think that's too much depreciation wise.

Would have loved an M2 but they never seemed too far away in performance terms (to the untrained like me anyway) but would have cost an extra 10K for the privilege. Dated interior too..

Soldato
In the settings you can check the software version, post this on here.

It's on 006.074.002

You basically don't.

Unless you just want to use it as a regular Bluetooth audio device but I'm guessing you've already worked that out and want the full Spotify control.

That's a shame, I've got an old iPhone kicking around so might just use that then if all else fails. I worked out how to do the Bluetooth audio streaming so have just been queuing up playlists and tracks before I set off, which can be a bit annoying.

Soldato

There's several hoops you need to jump through on this, and it's incredibly annoying. I've just stuck an old iPhone in the car tbh, it sucks on Android.

Associate
You basically don't.

Did they pull support? Used to run spotify fine on id6 and android. Just need to have the BMW app on your phone.

Soldato
Anyone used MHD tuning platform?

For 2016 M2 with full bolt ons.

Used it on my Z4 35is (N54 twin turbo), worked flawlessly. Even better now with the WiFi dongle.

About 6 months after flashing I had a boost pressure sensor die, I reflashed the original firmware (you can back it up at the start) and BMW found nothing. Warranty was fine. I know it's naughty but it worked.

Back
Top Bottom