Samsung s20 fe much of an upgrade?

Associate
Coming to the end of my contract and hoping to get a new phone.
At present got a p30. Nothing wrong with the phone. Decent photos and video is ok. The speaker is starting to go as dropped out 1 too many times.
Looking at the s20 fe as it ticks most of the boxes. Is it much of an upgrade over the p30? Or should i aim for the bigger brothers? The s20 or s20+.
Or any other options

Soldato
I have P20 pro, I'm looking at S20 FE too but for camera don't think FE is any better, probably worse in some case

Camera in P20 pro is still very good.

Soldato
I have P20 pro, I'm looking at S20 FE too but for camera don't think FE is any better, probably worse in some case

Camera in P20 pro is still very good.
Would agree with that - i came from a mate 20 pro and the cameras on the FE on average seem slightly worse generally. All other aspects its a clear upgrade though.

Soldato
Just got out of John Lewis, been playing with FE for a bit, comparing to my P20 pro.

Everything on FE is better than P20 pro except...camera especially the zoom.

Both has X3 optical, P20 pro X10 digital, FE X30 digital. When taking a shot at X10 on P20 pro then zoom in the photo, details are far more clearer than FE shot at X30.

Also the night mode for indoor is better on the P20 pro.

P30pro is a better upgrade I think

Soldato
To be honest, A71 is a better value phone than the FE. I physically can't tell the difference between A71 and FE apart from the specs on the paper

Soldato
In what way? The stats are virtually the same are they not, bar the omission of the silly 100x zoom which was, in reality, absolutely useless anyway.

Ps genuine question

No, FE has lower camera spec than S20 I believe. I'm comparing the FE to P20pro and I found all shots are better on P20pro especially the zoom.

If zoom is not your thing then go for FE but having said this before I found no difference between FE and A71 so may as well get the A71 as it's much cheaper. £345 (UK version) at Amazon which making it a superb value

Soldato
If zoom is not your thing then go for FE but having said this before I found no difference between FE and A71 so may as well get the A71 as it's much cheaper. £345 (UK version) at Amazon which making it a superb value
IF camera quality is your main differentiator. Some, such as myself, value screen refresh rate, wireless charging and a higher end chip. FE also has WiFi 6 - although even I'll admit that's clutching at straws a bit.
I also can't find a 5g variant of the A71 in the UK however I'm likely not looking hard enough.

Associate
No, FE has lower camera spec than S20 I believe. I'm comparing the FE to P20pro and I found all shots are better on P20pro especially the zoom.

I'd probably give a modern Huawei phone a punt if it wasn't for the Google play store restrictions.

Soldato

can only concur with the above.. have done a fairly extensive camera test between the Mate 20 Pro and the FE and the camera is significantly better on the Mate 20... to the point where I'm seriously wondering if i want to keep the FE. Shame as everything else about the FE is amazing

Associate
can only concur with the above.. have done a fairly extensive camera test between the Mate 20 Pro and the FE and the camera is significantly better on the Mate 20... to the point where I'm seriously wondering if i want to keep the FE. Shame as everything else about the FE is amazing

Well I think comments like yours in combination with the sheer size of the thing at a time when I’m looking towards a smaller, not larger phone have finally put this particular idea to bed, additionally, I’m still not a huge fan of Samsung’s implementation of Android.

Associate
I'd probably give a modern Huawei phone a punt if it wasn't for the Google play store restrictions.
I spent years trying different phone companies, I loved my mate 20 pro and thought it was perfect. Great build quality and screen that rivalled samsung, faster charging and better battery life than samsung and apple, and even a better camera performance compared to samsung. Utterly gutted their new phones have google restrictions, its actually making me switch to apple.

Back
Top Bottom