Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Soldato
Pretty much it, You have US branded trucks. Different cargo, garages, scenery etc. Map mods are better IMO, get to go to Mexico or have access to every state with Coast 2 Coast.

@thebear843 Your best bet is to solely download mods from here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=24

At the worst case scenario you will get a few pop ups.

ets2.lt is one I regularly use as well and have since 2014, have had no issues but it IS third party, so proceed with caution.

Associate
Pretty much it, You have US branded trucks. Different cargo, garages, scenery etc. Map mods are better IMO, get to go to Mexico or have access to every state with Coast 2 Coast.

@thebear843 Your best bet is to solely download mods from here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=24

At the worst case scenario you will get a few pop ups.

ets2.lt is one I regularly use as well and have since 2014, have had no issues but it IS third party, so proceed with caution.

Thanks Digital X, I was about to search the whole of this thread for the mod info, so yoh've saved me a lot of reading :)

Associate
Does anyone run TruckersMP? I had a go this morning, pretty fun seeing other players but shame mode are pretty disabled? There was no traffic at all other than when I saw other players.

I personally love ETS2 and have a couple thousand hours logged on Steam but not having mods is a deal breaker, if you are going to play online watch out for griefers who will try to ram your cab/cargo while you're doing a job, it's a pain in the arse but the majority of people online are quite cool.

Soldato
@thebear843 You're welcome :) There's a plethora of mods out there to suit every taste, but getting the load order is very important. The way I have always done it is (in the mod manager in game):

Weather
Sounds
Physics
Maps
Trucks
Trailers
Misc

Associate
Installing workshop items and using a wheel, shifter and peddles is a complete game-changer if you're used to playing with a mouse and keyboard, would highly recommend picking up the Logitech G920 if you're really looking for a full-on immersive experience.

Man of Honour
I have been playing ETS2 and ATS for yonks now using a Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback wheel and pedals and have been loving it but I am now wanting to take things a little further. I am investing in a TrackIR 5 plus I would like to upgrade my wheel and pedal setup to a wheel with three pedals and a shifter. Obviously Logitech is one of my options but all the shifters that I have seen only have up to 6 gears and reverse with no other switches for Hi/Lo ranges. As all the trucks have many more than 6 gears how are you guys with shifters selecting gears? Are you nominating a button on the wheel for Hi/Lo range or something? I see there is a wheel, pedals, console for farming simulator but I can't seem to find anything specific to truck simulators.

Soldato
G27 shifter had 4 buttons in front of the lever so I was using those for Split/Range.

There were a couple of aftermarket shifter knob replacements for the Logitech that had the range and splitter buttons as per an old skool manual 90s truck. Think they are real world shifters, adapted to work with USB. Only downside is an extra USB lead required.

Soldato
I have been playing ETS2 and ATS for yonks now using a Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback wheel and pedals and have been loving it but I am now wanting to take things a little further. I am investing in a TrackIR 5 plus I would like to upgrade my wheel and pedal setup to a wheel with three pedals and a shifter. Obviously Logitech is one of my options but all the shifters that I have seen only have up to 6 gears and reverse with no other switches for Hi/Lo ranges. As all the trucks have many more than 6 gears how are you guys with shifters selecting gears? Are you nominating a button on the wheel for Hi/Lo range or something? I see there is a wheel, pedals, console for farming simulator but I can't seem to find anything specific to truck simulators.

I have one of these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thru...er-pc-xbox-one-ps4-ps3-4060059-gc-061-th.html

And have it set to sequential.

Soldato
Thats interesting as I think SCS claim All roads are real layouts , as far as I know anyway.

Not aware of that one! I've driven the M6 more times than I can remember, and I've never seen a tunnel near Carlisle! Lets just say they do their best. MS Flight Sim accurate it is not. Keep in mind that a lot of the main Europe map (inc UK) dates from 2012 when the game originally launched, and they're a small software house in the Czech Republic. They've been upgrading bits of Germany recently to the current standard.

Don’t get me wrong, some of them are true to life (as near can be due to the scale). Indeed, I’ve looked on Google Earth to see comparisons but the slip roads seem to be a lot of copy/pasting.

There's a lot of standard building blocks used. There's a lot more variety in the new content that the 2012 era base map.

Back
Top Bottom