Quest 2 Facebook leak - XR2 chipset, 6gb RAM, "almost 4k display"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I saw a post on Reddit asking whether the days of 64GB being enough were over... because the new Walking Dead game is huge at 12GB!

Made my mind up for me. Even if that winds up being the norm, it's enough for 3-4 games. And 12GB is only a ~16 minute download on my current connection. Plus I'm expecting PCVR to be my main use. I'd rather keep the £100.

Associate
I still have both 64GB and 256GB on pre-order (rainforest). Really need to decide what size I want and cancel the other or will get charged for both

Soldato
Just been charged and it's now processing for shipping.

The reason they are posting them out now, is that thousands of their pre-orders were cancelled yesterday as they moved over to john lewis. JL were running a promo.
You can thank everyone over on HUKDs for that one :D

I got the same email, wonder when it's going to arrive. Status says 'Processing for shipping'

Soldato
The reason they are posting them out now, is that thousands of their pre-orders were cancelled yesterday as they moved over to john lewis. JL were running a promo.
You can thank everyone over on HUKDs for that one :D

I got the same email, wonder when it's going to arrive.

I saw that offer, was tempted to go for it, but I'm going on holiday on the 19th, so if there was even a bit of delay from John Lewis, I may have ended up having to go to the depot to try and pick it up etc.

Where did you get the estimate? Mine just has an order status. Hoping as they've taken payment now, it arrives sooner :)

1. It was what it showed me when I ordered. 2. There's a trick you can do by going into your order, then looking at the code and finding the estimated arrival date, it was posted here I believe.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Can anyone confirm the game sizes for the quest 2? Apparently Saint and Sinners is 12gb(ish) and needs to be loaded to the quest but I have also been told that's installed on your pc and not the quest so which is correct? I've had a look at the oculus store and I can't find the Quest 2 version of the game to check the install size.

Soldato
OP
Can anyone confirm the game sizes for the quest 2? Apparently Saint and Sinners is 12gb(ish) and needs to be loaded to the quest but I have also been told that's installed on your pc and not the quest so which is correct? I've had a look at the oculus store and I can't find the Quest 2 version of the game to check the install size.

Saints and sinners will be 9gb on Quest and 12gb with the DLC apparently.

Most games are much smaller than that, but I can imagine that with the Quest 2's power that there will be more ports from PC with bigger install sizes, or bigger games developed specifically for Quest as the user base will be big enough to support it.

Caporegime
Mines is showing as the 16th. I ordered it like the instant pre-orders went live too.

Idiot - ordered on the 16th :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom