US: The Mandalorian

Associate
Love the new trailer. It looks great. X wings, Jedi, baby yoda. Yup, that’ll do.

It’s great in the first season how they make the Xwings and AT-ST so powerful - we’re so used to seeing the rebels against the imperials we forget what powerful war machines all these things are.

I’m a sucker for any throwback to vehicles from the original film series. After that shot with the X Wings I was completely sold on S2. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode from S1 with the AT-ST.

Caporegime
Rumours that Pedro Pascal walked halfway through filming as he wasn’t happy with so few shots of him without the helmet and wanted more but Disney disagreed. Also some rumours that half the time it wasn’t even him under the helmet in a lot of scenes in S1!

Soldato
Rumours that Pedro Pascal walked halfway through filming as he wasn’t happy with so few shots of him without the helmet and wanted more but Disney disagreed. Also some rumours that half the time it wasn’t even him under the helmet in a lot of scenes in S1!
From the accompanying behind the scenes shows I don't believe he is in many of the action scenes, IIRC there are about 3-4 different people in the suit including Pedro depending on what needs to be shot.

Caporegime
From the accompanying behind the scenes shows I don't believe he is in many of the action scenes, IIRC there are about 3-4 different people in the suit including Pedro depending on what needs to be shot.
Oh I understand for the stunt work etc but even some of the more normal scenes it wasn’t him under there.

Caporegime
quick look on reddit tells me its just some youtuber starting a rumour and some news sites ran with it anyway

Soldato
Associate
quick look on reddit tells me its just some youtuber starting a rumour and some news sites ran with it anyway

there all sort of reports on pedro, sum them all up pedro did nearly all scene in the suit with exception to few stunt scene and stand in for one or two scene, and he does all voice. he wasn't happy with some of the scenes, when the helmet was off and wanted more face time, he spoke to George, when he had visited the set about it hoping he would talk to producer and directors as he knew that Disney and Kennedy don't have much say or power over the show, where George on the other hand is respected and listen too, didn't go well. he start taking helmet off at random time during shooting, forgetting lines and few other shenanigan to show his displeasure, half way through filming season 2 they had a enough of his shenanigan and told him to get the F*@k off the set, which he did do so. rest of the season scene was film with stand-in and stunt double, pedro had complete all voice acting. now latest unconfirmed report is that pedro will be back but for voice acting only for season 3 onwards, someone else will be in the suit.

Soldato
When Thor Skywalker a YouTuber I occasionally watch spoke about this he said that the initial source for the leak had been accurate in the past with similar stories. Now I haven't checked the source but I generally have a high opinion of Thor Skywalker who tends to avoid hyperbole unlike many comic/sci-fi culture commentators. I'm inclined to believe it until I hear different.
I was surprised that Filoni and Favreau went so hard on the face mask thing as previous canon didn't support it as a general Mandalorian behavior. And that's from the knowledge base of someone who is far from a Star Wars fan boy but has watched some Clone Wars and Rebels over the years but has read no SW comics or books since the 90's.

Man of Honour

Good. If he thinks fans want to see him without the helmet then he should do something else that he might understand.

Permabanned
I'll watch it when it airs but on reflection the only thing this show has going for it in my opinion is its amazing production value. Everything else is pretty average.

But when you combine that with yearly gaps for 8 episode seasons with borderline 40 min runtime that feel more like 30 min, it's just not good enough to get excited about.

Soldato
bjlkblbl.jpg

Soldato
Just finished season 1. Overall I though the story and dialogue was very simple. The first 5 episodes in particular reminded me of the level of storytelling you get in a video game.

That said they captured the world of Star Wars very well and the music was excellent. The series also really picked up in the last 3 episodes.

7.5/10 for me

A couple of specific gripes:
- Did the Mandalorian change race? As a child he looked middle eastern or possibly hispanic, and then as an adult he was a white guy :p
- Richard Ayoade's voice was really out of place

Back
Top Bottom