• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
Excitement level over 100.

It is a very pretty Founders Edition!

Cools fairly well on it's own I have heard.

Gots to put a block on it though, surely?

As soon as I saw the short and non-rectangular PCB, I knew FE was the card to go for. Plus it is a lot cheaper than AIB. I have a custom loop ready for this to go into so I am definitely water cooling, just a question of when...

It is huge when you actually see it.

Associate
As soon as I saw the short and non-rectangular PCB, I knew FE was the card to go for. Plus it is a lot cheaper than AIB. I have a custom loop ready for this to go into so I am definitely water cooling, just a question of when...

It is huge when you actually see it.

It's a BFGPU!

Beast mode engaged.

For me, way too big to keep the original cooler.

I can't have that thing hanging out the back of my case.

Pretty though.

Soldato
So this happened today.

u7ffgEd.jpg
tqmTomD.jpg
bGPFziA.jpg
TVgH5nT.jpg
VotIY9F.jpg

In the flesh, it is almost too pretty to take apart and put an EK water block on it.

Have you received your EK block for it? I'm STILL trying to get responses from their support after over a week to ask them to change my default country from the US to Netherlands after I moved... I just wanna order my 3090 block for the Strix OC so I can start reworking some of my hard tubing as it needs a refresh :(

Associate
Have you received your EK block for it? I'm STILL trying to get responses from their support after over a week to ask them to change my default country from the US to Netherlands after I moved... I just wanna order my 3090 block for the Strix OC so I can start reworking some of my hard tubing as it needs a refresh :(

No, EK has not launched their water block for the FE card yet.

Soldato
When you block your cards, make sure you get plenty of airflow over the backplate too. The backplate on my alphacool gets extremely hot, to the point its actually burning.

Associate
When you block your cards, make sure you get plenty of airflow over the backplate too. The backplate on my alphacool gets extremely hot, to the point its actually burning.

Noted.
I hope mine will be ok in an O11 Dynamic XL with 3 Vardar fans right underneath it. I just can't wait to have a complete system - I have tubes measured and bent and all my cable management done. Just the GPU to install. Oh and decide to buy a 3950x or wait...since I don't have a CPU I might not wait.

Soldato
Noted.
I hope mine will be ok in an O11 Dynamic XL with 3 Vardar fans right underneath it. I just can't wait to have a complete system - I have tubes measured and bent and all my cable management done. Just the GPU to install. Oh and decide to buy a 3950x or wait...since I don't have a CPU I might not wait.
You should be fine, i have some Vardar X3M fans on the way so i'll test it out. As it sits though im stabilising around 53-55c on a more aggressive fan profile and a very slim high density 360 radiator on a dual loop system.

Soldato
My FE turned up today! Out the box I got +157 using Nvidias performance tuner.
image0.jpg

Soldato

I never put backplates on my GPU's under water, I've always found they hold onto heat more than dissipate it. Plus, I like the 'raw' look of the PCB personally.

Back
Top Bottom