French Open 2020

Caporegime
OP
Korda played pretty well considering his experience, scoreline doesn't reflect the game tbh. Nadal certainly isn't looking as good as he does in the hotter weather.

Zverev getting hammered by Sinner in the other game.

Soldato
I know ITV4 are more or less obliged to show Nadal/Novak whenever they play but it's rather dull watching them swat these no hopers away. :p

I agree, I keep an eye on the score line hoping for an upset, but I find watching routine wins rather boring, tbh.

Caporegime
OP
Haven't watched Sinner before so assumed Zverev was having another off day but christ does Sinner hit the ball well. Hard, accurate and winning points quick.

Edit: Impressive, very impressive.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Gaston needs to be careful, he'll start losing points if he takes any longer with his serve.

Edit: Zverev reporting a sore throat, a fever and trouble breathing as the reason he lost. WTF is wrong with these people? If he comes back positive for COVID he should lose his winnings and have a 6 month ban.

Last edited:
Soldato
Two very dangerous teams stand against British interests in the men's doubles today...

Ram/Salisbury (Australian Open winners) vs Pavic/Soares (US Open winners)

Murray/Skupski vs Krawietz/Mies (French Open holders)

Edit:

Ram/Salisbury take the first set 6|4 - excellent!

Pavic/Soares take the second 4|6 - ****!

Pavic/Soares take the third 5|7 - :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Gaston needs to be careful, he'll start losing points if he takes any longer with his serve.

Edit: Zverev reporting a sore throat, a fever and trouble breathing as the reason he lost. WTF is wrong with these people? If he comes back positive for COVID he should lose his winnings and have a 6 month ban.

Just reading on the beeb that, in the French Open, they only test the players every five days!

I'd like to know the reasoning behind the decision not to test the players every day, like they did in the US Open. Madness!

Soldato
Yeah, I noticed them sitting in pockets yesterday.

I don't know what France's numbers are but I thought they were increasing prior to the tournament starting as they kept reducing the number of fans allowed in to watch.

I wonder if Zverev has actually had a test yet. You're right, he shouldn't have played, it was a reckless decision.

Caporegime
OP
Tsitsipas game is pretty good, hoping Dimitrov takes this tiebreaker. Djokovic batters both though :(

Edit: Djokovic looks like he's struggling with the pace but he's already had COVID, perhaps there is another illness going around?

Edit: Zverev tested negative for COVID which is good news for Sinner and the rest of the tournament.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Only the 7th seed Kvitova left now, Svitolina's just been beaten in straight sets. Got to fancy Swiatek to continue her demolition job to the title now.

Thiem up next then Nadal this evening :cool:

Back
Top Bottom