A return to form: Say hello to Banana MK2, the Italian Prancing Horse (Ferrari 458 Italia)

OcUK Staff
OP
Given the current stock available I'm expecting to see him in the queue at the soup kitchen :p

No plans on changing the Ferrari. Love the car to pieces! I still might add a 991 GT3 to the collection though. :)

Gave the 458 a well overdue wash at weekend:

CFD19BEC-F1D6-4BC6-B564-A4DED98D9036.jpeg 31FF201C-7CF9-4115-BC1E-F0981661D225.jpeg

Thinking about selling the M5 early next year and getting an Alfa Quadriflogio considering they are now approaching near 30k but will look into other potential 4 door performance saloons / estates as well as there is a lot of nice stuff at the 30-40k mark.

Associate
No plans on changing the Ferrari. Love the car to pieces! I still might add a 991 GT3 to the collection though. :)

Thinking about selling the M5 early next year and getting an Alfa Quadriflogio considering they are now approaching near 30k but will look into other potential 4 door performance saloons / estates as well as there is a lot of nice stuff at the 30-40k mark.

Looks awesome. Hope you're following good washing practices, 2 bucket method etc

Soldato

Highly recommend either the Giulia Quadrifoglio if you want saloon or the Audi RS6 Avant for estate - both around that price point and both pretty incredible cars.

Permabanned

CFD19BEC-F1D6-4BC6-B564-A4DED98D9036.jpeg 31FF201C-7CF9-4115-BC1E-F0981661D225.jpeg

As Long as its not S2K You selling then its fine :D

OcUK Staff
OP
That honeymoon seems short lived, any particular reason why your already thinking of the change?

Although once an itch is scratched, we tend to move on to the next one.

It was an itch to scratch, still not 100% on the decision to sell as the engine is phenomenal it truly is, the way it pulls in the last 1500rpm is astonishing, for such a big heavy car the top end acceleration is astonishing. I can see why a couple of people have put the engine in the E3x and E46 cars as in a car weighing around 1500kg or less I can only imagine how amazing a drive it would be as the torque and power is so linear making it easier than you think to put power down.

Might keep it but I have also always been looking at the Alfa's and I seriously need to limit myself at 5 cars, getting a 6th would be silly but I need to test drive the Alfa to see if its what I truly want but if memory serves me well the ride was amazing, handling awesome and engine punchy and sounded OK, of course nothing will really rival the induction and exhaust of an NA V10.

As Long as its not S2K You selling then its fine :D

The S2000 is my keep forever car really, as it is an absolutely perfect example, zero rust, low miles and I am second owner, plan is to enjoy it Summer months and keep it garaged as building a third garage just for it. :D

Caporegime
It was an itch to scratch, still not 100% on the decision to sell as the engine is phenomenal it truly is, the way it pulls in the last 1500rpm is astonishing, for such a big heavy car the top end acceleration is astonishing. I can see why a couple of people have put the engine in the E3x and E46 cars as in a car weighing around 1500kg or less I can only imagine how amazing a drive it would be as the torque and power is so linear making it easier than you think to put power down.

Might keep it but I have also always been looking at the Alfa's and I seriously need to limit myself at 5 cars, getting a 6th would be silly but I need to test drive the Alfa to see if its what I truly want but if memory serves me well the ride was amazing, handling awesome and engine punchy and sounded OK, of course nothing will really rival the induction and exhaust of an NA V10.

The S2000 is my keep forever car really, as it is an absolutely perfect example, zero rust, low miles and I am second owner, plan is to enjoy it Summer months and keep it garaged as building a third garage just for it. :D
Cheers for the informative reply as ever, although I think you’ve already passed the silly point in numbers of cars owned.... :D

I hope you keep the V10, the likes of which we simply won’t see again in the future....

Soldato
I seriously need to limit myself at 5 cars, getting a 6th would be silly.........

Not getting a 6th would be criminal, come join the party :p

There always has to be one classic Honda in the fleet, it's the linchpin of the group and will always please when taken out.

OcUK Staff
OP
Not getting a 6th would be criminal, come join the party :p

There always has to be one classic Honda in the fleet, it's the linchpin of the group and will always please when taken out.

Yes I love my S2000 but it won’t be seeing much use now.

can anyone recommend something to keep battery conditioned on it? The Aston has a mains conditioner that plugs into the 12v inside car and wondered if there is something generic I can get that is similar for S2000?

Soldato
Yes I love my S2000 but it won’t be seeing much use now.

can anyone recommend something to keep battery conditioned on it? The Aston has a mains conditioner that plugs into the 12v inside car and wondered if there is something generic I can get that is similar for S2000?

I just bought a cheap AA trickle charger. Has quick disconnect and I tuck the wires away.

During winter/when it sits in the garage for weeks it goes on that.

Never had issues and it's been through 2 winters now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DW6RHN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CFKFFbHT30ZVG

This.

Back
Top Bottom