FPS - suggestions?

Soldato
If considering Tarkov - wait for Xmas sale - usually 30% off.

Seems expensive at the time but I've got so many hours now in the game (like 1700 hours!) it's dirty cheap in terms of play time/cost.

Associate
Can I ask for a suggestion. I quite enjoy sniping on pubg. Is there some kind of single player sniping game with high kill count? I tried sniper elite but too much walking and missions, I'm after something more wave based. Any thoughts appreciated!

Associate
Can I ask for a suggestion. I quite enjoy sniping on pubg. Is there some kind of single player sniping game with high kill count? I tried sniper elite but too much walking and missions, I'm after something more wave based. Any thoughts appreciated!

Not primarily designed for single player but if you don't want walking or missions and want waves you could try Killing Floor 1 or 2. Wave based plenty of good headshot potential with scoped weapons. Much better coop but can even play waves solo.

Associate
Is Squad the sort of game you can jump in for 30 minutes and is it ok to play solo?

Its more team based really mate, you can jump on, have one game then jump off, its not really like any other fps on pc, when the poop hits the fan and your team are in a gun fight it gets pretty intense, but i find it fun.

Does all depend on what your squad leader is like though, you have to join a squad in 99% of the games as you get kicked if you dont, i would describe it as a sort of fun realistic shooter, couple of hits and your dead.

Maps are BIG and has tanks, lorry's, helicopters etc, it really feels like your in a war when it kicks off, there is LOADS of new players on there at the moment which has spiced it up.

Soldato
Hmm, i'm trying to find something away from twitch shooters. I liked PUBG for that as could play different ways, can i get away with being slow and a bad shot but still contribute?

Associate
yes, its NOT a twitch shooter, NOTHING like cod or battlefield, i play slow and also a bad shot lol its 50 vs 50 and each team is divided into squads, i would describe it as a slow paced fps which gets intense (but very fun) when in shootouts, heres a vid from youtube, maybe watch a few more to get the gist of it :)

Associate
I would say its important to have a mic, but not critical to talk much, some games i talk a lot, others i hardly talk at all, just the odd word now and then, you can chat to the team by typing as well, as longs as you sort of do what your squad leader wants or stick quite close to your squad you dont really have to talk.

Much better to have a mic though even if you dont really use it much

Man of Honour
TBH these days I alternate between BF4 (until I get fed up of issues/netcode) and The Division 1 (OK not FPS but plays like one) :(

I've tried most of the newer ones and just find them clunky or even buggier than the above two and/or plagued by features where someone has gone "wouldn't this be amazing" and jammed it in even though it doesn't work in a video game like it does in imagination.

EDIT: TD1 is worthless for PVP though - the use of TCP for networking produces too many inconsistencies and the game implementation is a paradise for cheaters.

Soldato
Am quite enjoying Squad after a couple of rounds but really struggling to identify the enemy. First kill was a team kill lol but since then just figuring out where shooting is coming from, who's doing it and where i should be shooting is really hard.

Soldato
Another vote for Escape From Tarkov, I've hit nearly 2.6k hours since Jan 2nd. Great game. It's still in beta so there are bugs but overall it's an amazing experience.

Back
Top Bottom