Crucial mx500 SSD randomly showing/not showing up.

Associate
For about a year now my crucial MX500 1TB SSD is randomly showing/not showing up in windows and bios.
Ive updated firmware , have the crucial storage executive software installed.
Motherboard bios etc is up to date.
At first i thought it was dying but 13 months on when it shows up its perfectly fine,cables are secure etc, everything i can think of ive tried.

Any ideas?

Associate
Have you tried swapping the SATA cable? I had this with the same drive, swapped out the cable and it fixed it. Don't know if it was a dodgy cable or a dodgy connection as cable connector never clicks/locks on the MX500 tab like some other drives.

Associate
OP
No havent tried that i will do asap thanks.
SATA cable changed, lets se how it goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had the same issue before as well, was a dodgy cable. I've swapped a ton of cables all due to this issue, swapping cables always fixes it for me lol.

Soldato
Same issue with my mx500. Due to where i located it i i need a right angled sata cable so got cheapest from ebay and wot u know drive dropouts started. Went back to normal sata cable that comes with mobo boxes and no issues.
Dunno where to get high quality cables from on closer inspection the cheapo cable i got has 30awg wires where as standard cable that comes with mobo is 26awg wires.

Back
Top Bottom