2022 BRZ/GR86, Turbo?

Soldato
It'll be an interesting one. They've recently released the 4cyl supra in other countries and that makes around 260 with a 4 pot turbo. I wonder where a gt86 would place with similar power and flat 4? As a less premium sports coupe maybe?

Soldato
But its only going to be a big improvement if they keep the weight low.

I sold mine in Jan but I'd still have one over TT without even thinking about it.

Soldato
Even if they turbo it, they'll no doubt keep it a bit shy of the low end Supra power levels for separation and let tuners give people an easy +50bhp with maps. It wouldn't surprise me to see it at 230bhp ish running very low boost.

Soldato
It looks like we might not get the Subaru iteration here, judging by the comments made by the UK MD this morning. I didn't quite read his comments as stating that but that's what some are running with. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bother, though, given regulations and volumes.

I'd hope the Toyota counterpart would make it and they do seem happier to offer the more niche performance-oriented stuff, so I live in hope.

Soldato
Keeping half an eye on this. Still love mine, so not looking to upgrade at the moment - but if I was, then this would be a consideration, assuming it's still fun. Hoping it will have a manual gearbox option, although I'm not optimistic.

Soldato
Keeping half an eye on this. Still love mine, so not looking to upgrade at the moment - but if I was, then this would be a consideration, assuming it's still fun. Hoping it will have a manual gearbox option, although I'm not optimistic.

Apparently it will, same as gt86 and an auto.

Brz is not happening here... Gt86 hopefully!

Soldato
Apparently it will, same as gt86 and an auto.

Brz is not happening here... Gt86 hopefully!

Cool. I'm not bothered about the BRZ specifically. If it's like the current generation, then they are the same car anyway, with different badges and only minor suspension differences. I'd rather have the longer warranty and two dealers within 20 minutes that I got with the Toyota version.

Soldato
Cool. I'm not bothered about the BRZ specifically. If it's like the current generation, then they are the same car anyway, with different badges and only minor suspension differences. I'd rather have the longer warranty and two dealers within 20 minutes that I got with the Toyota version.
It's weird how brz has sold so bad in UK yet gt86 I'd say sold well for the type of car that it is.

Brz always felt overpriced, there was always a good chunk difference between the two.

Soldato
There are hardly any Subaru dealers around but Toyota are everywhere. The BRZ is pretty rare in the UK, only something like 600. With some specs being in single digits.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was the tune on the engine to get it through EU emissions tests :\

Its easy to fix though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom