• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The lack of info from OcUK compared to other places is pretty poor.

It seems like OcUK haven't had any Gigabyte stock at all, but other places have had at least one shipment per week for the last 3 weeks. The urge to cancel and order elsewhere is growing.

Associate
Today is the last day of Golden Week in China. The Samsung wafer fabs (plural) are in South Korea unaffected by the weeks holiday, if there was an issue with the GPU supply they have had a week to catch up. There is likely to be a knock on effect for supply though and next week we probably won't see very much unless it is on the train or was awaiting shipping prior to the holiday. The week after that (19th on) we should see a large increase in cards delivered as production gets into full swing.

Associate
Just watching as YT on this... strange.
Quoted from GN video whom has been in contact with MSI:

"Starlight partner is an individual sales subsidiary working under MSI. They carry excess inventory and refurbished items and would not be given newly released products such as teh Gerforce RTX 30 series graphics cards. As such, we (MSI) have conducted an investigation and found that an error allowed them access to inventory they were not permitterd to handle.
Starlight partner has been instructed to contact the individual customers who purchased these graphics card products and offer 2 options :
1. Return the product and receive a full refund.
2. A partial refund of the amount paid over MSI's MSRP.

Moving forward, MSI will enforce a stricter policy to avoid situations like this happening."

Interesting that if you "markup" and put on ebay its wrong, mark up and put on your own web store its ok. I wonder if the court of public opinoin will shift sufficiently on the effect on customers pockets to gain traction and that we will seegreater control on prices charged by vendors in the early days of technology releases.

Associate
Cancelled my SEP 17th order with overclockers and used refund to order elsewhere. I got my 3080 now from a competitor and I didn't order till the 28th, weird how people who ordered same card on 17th still waiting lol. If you buy a new pc they got stock for that?
Where did u get yours from? I'm running out of patience here.

Back
Top Bottom