• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Why sell a game once for 2 systems when you can sell it twice.

Hopefully more games will go down the smart delivery route, as said before this generation is essentially just like turning the settings up on an upgraded pc. Imagine if you had to buy a pc game again to go from normal to high settings :o
Remasters are getting a bit out of hand now.

I've seen people asking for remasters of games that are less than 5 years old! all they need to do is turn up the resolution and unlock the framerate :eek:

Associate
Major Nelson said a while back that the problem is the licensing for the Music and cars. It would cost far to much to re-licence everything for a newer console.
A shame, as it's by far my favourite racing game ever - just so much fun...........which is what GT and Forza seem to have lost.

PGR = FIFA
GT & Forza = Champ Manager

Caporegime
I loved the project gotham racing series. Probably my favourite racing game.

Why did they stop making them/did the developers go elsewhere or make a different racing game?

Soldato
Major Nelson said a while back that the problem is the licensing for the Music and cars. It would cost far to much to re-licence everything for a newer console.

New games get made with car licenses and music though so I don't get this argument entirely.

It's got to be easier to have meetings with various license holders and agree to give them money for no work on their part than building an entire new game. One meeting with Ferrari and you've covered what, 5 or 10 cars? Same with Ford etc.

And for those you can't you replace/remove.

I don't want to over simplify but I don't think changing the music should be that difficult in a racing game, it's not like it ties into story beats.

Cars would be more difficult but for those without approval you go the Burnout route and basically make an unbadged version.

Soldato
Managed to reserve a slot for a Series S from my workplace yesterday. Depending on when that slot is timed for (surprised if it's release day) I have 3 days to collect and pay so I'll see what stock levels look like for the X and decide which I'll go for.

Associate
Project Gotham racing 2 would be awesome to try with updated graphics
Burnout 3 for me, a classic pick up and play fun game, the crash breakers were insane, I have fond memories of myself, brother and stepdad getting wasted and seeing who could do the best crash and bowling with laughter, also I would love to hear the basey explosions now I have a decent audio setup

Soldato
I loved the project gotham racing series. Probably my favourite racing game.

Why did they stop making them/did the developers go elsewhere or make a different racing game?

The developers, Bizzare Creations, closed down in 2011 after Activision failed to find a buyer for the studio. Blur didn't hit the sales numbers that were predicted. Remember this is Activision who had a thing for heavily overestimating on sales figures.

Caporegime
OP
Remasters are getting a bit out of hand now.

I've seen people asking for remasters of games that are less than 5 years old! all they need to do is turn up the resolution and unlock the framerate :eek:

There's supposed to be Series X|S versions of Wolfenstein, Doom, Prey and Dishonored titles coming along. Ain't no complaining from me about that. :D

EDIT: Or maybe I'm getting carried away and it's only just the Xbone games being bundled into a new pack. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
The developers, Bizzare Creations, closed down in 2011 after Activision failed to find a buyer for the studio. Blur didn't hit the sales numbers that were predicted. Remember this is Activision who had a thing for heavily overestimating on sales figures.

Ah shame. The PGR games were really good.

Soldato

MS hold all the rights to the PGR series. The game was made for them they retained the rights after the sale of Bizzare. There was a long thread ages ago on MS with them basically saying the licensing costs to re-release it on a different platform were insane. They would have to re-licence all the music and car manufacturers all over again. Nelson even said they have had PGR4 running on Xbox one in house but it was a licensing nightmare to take it further.

Soldato
These seem to get great reviews, and don't look too nasty, can't work out (apart from £20) what the difference is between the 7 and 9x?
From what I can gather from their website the 7x uses a Wireless USB C adaptor rather than the 9x's Bluetooth. The 7x also has a slightly better battery. 24 hours vs 20 if I remember correctly. Pretty sure the drivers are the same across both.

Last edited:
Associate
I miss the PGR series more than any other driving series. The fun I had on pgr2 and 3 was unsurpassed. Full lobby full of mates and racing round Edinburgh...great memories..would love to see them back.

Soldato
MS hold all the rights to the PGR series. The game was made for them they retained the rights after the sale of Bizzare. There was a long thread ages ago on MS with them basically saying the licensing costs to re-release it on a different platform were insane. They would have to re-licence all the music and car manufacturers all over again. Nelson even said they have had PGR4 running on Xbox one in house but it was a licensing nightmare to take it further.

Jono asked what happened to the developers, I was responding to that part. :)

Back
Top Bottom