** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I am getting the odd rice crispy popping noise from the back warming up. So the new models still suffer from this.

Its nothing distracting however just wanted to let you know its still there if you were looking for this issue on the new models.

Its not something I am concerned with at this time.

That's disappointing...although I'm seeing fewer reports of this issue with all the recent N8's that were shipped last week.

I get the popping randomly for the first hour or so after it switches on or after it wakes up from standby. Still thinking it's worth a shot at returning for a more recent build, but seems like with reports of dead pixels even on the N8's, there's still luck needed... :rolleyes:

Associate
That's disappointing...although I'm seeing fewer reports of this issue with all the recent N8's that were shipped last week.

I get the popping randomly for the first hour or so after it switches on or after it wakes up from standby. Still thinking it's worth a shot at returning for a more recent build, but seems like with reports of dead pixels even on the N8's, there's still luck needed... :rolleyes:
Keep going until you get a good one. For me it was 3rd time lucky. You’ve spent a lot of money - it should be perfect.

Associate
Hey all,

Just though I'd let you guys know my G9 showed up today. It's from the N7 batch and no issues whatsoever, not even the cracking noise from the plastic expanding, even in 240hz with HDR and G-Sync all working. It did appear as the box was previously opened (clearly a second layer of packaging tape), but all the plastic film was still on and the thin foamy sheets (easy to rip ones) were on and taped closed fine. Impossible to remove without tearing. Maybe it was one that went back to Samsung as part of the retailer recall and they re-used the original box. Seems they did a decent job on the repair/recall if that is the case.

Associate
Do Samsung have any plans for a G8? It's annoying they don't have a 21:9 variant.

Looking for an upgrade to my X34P which has 240Hz with both GSync and Freesync, options appear to be thin aisde from the G9.

Soldato
Hey all,

Just though I'd let you guys know my G9 showed up today. It's from the N7 batch and no issues whatsoever, not even the cracking noise from the plastic expanding, even in 240hz with HDR and G-Sync all working. It did appear as the box was previously opened (clearly a second layer of packaging tape), but all the plastic film was still on and the thin foamy sheets (easy to rip ones) were on and taped closed fine. Impossible to remove without tearing. Maybe it was one that went back to Samsung as part of the retailer recall and they re-used the original box. Seems they did a decent job on the repair/recall if that is the case.
May be they just taken it out to test for further QC before sending it out rather than it being a return?

Associate
Does anyone know the difference between these models:
LC49G93TSSUXEN
LC49G95TSSUXEN

Also for anyone wanting a student discount I might be able to sort you out, we don't get given a code but if you HMU on discord I might be able to sort out a one time link.
.ΔΓΓΘΠ.#4202

Associate
LC49G93TSSUXEN
LC49G95TSSUXEN

Also for anyone wanting a student discount I might be able to sort you out, we don't get given a code but if you HMU on discord I might be able to sort out a one time link.
.ΔΓΓΘΠ.#4202

I believe someone either here or on reddit contacted Samsung about the different model numbers and was told they are just different batch SKU's. I think I also read somewhere that the 93 batch is primarily for Europe but still comes with a UK plug if shipped to the UK. They are, however the same monitor.

Associate
LC49G93TSSUXEN
LC49G95TSSUXEN

I believe someone either here or on reddit contacted Samsung about the different model numbers and was told they are just different batch SKU's. I think I also read somewhere that the 93 batch is primarily for Europe but still comes with a UK plug if shipped to the UK. They are, however the same monitor.

That may have been me, that's what live chat told me. I don't believe it though: G90 and G95 are significantly different products so it doesn't make sense for the 3 in G93 to be a manufacturing batch id of the G95 model. And why would a batch number go down? (at the time the G95 had been removed from sale and the G93 was being sold).

Everyone seems to have the 95, searches for the 93 show European results so that could be right. Although the last two letters of the complete model number are usually used to show the target country so there's no need for the G93: https://en.tab-tv.com/?p=13966

There's also this explanation:

From speaking to product marketing teams earlier in the year, it's, exactly the same, just they wanted a DTC exclusive SKU (don't know why). Firmware etc should be the same.

If purchasing from Samsung for the UK I definitely recommend getting the 95, the 93s they've been sending out seem to be old June builds with issues and the 95s seem to be August now and are much better. Also the 95 is on the EPP discount store whereas the 93 is not :)

Associate
That may have been me, that's what live chat told me. I don't believe it though: G90 and G95 are significantly different products so it doesn't make sense for the 3 in G93 to be a manufacturing batch id of the G95 model. And why would a batch number go down? (at the time the G95 had been removed from sale and the G93 was being sold).

Everyone seems to have the 95, searches for the 93 show European results so that could be right. Although the last two letters of the complete model number are usually used to show the target country so there's no need for the G93: https://en.tab-tv.com/?p=13966

There's also this explanation:

If purchasing from Samsung for the UK I definitely recommend getting the 95, the 93s they've been sending out seem to be old June builds with issues and the 95s seem to be August now and are much better. Also the 95 is on the EPP discount store whereas the 93 is not :)

Thanks for that, I was asking as my discount through work applies to the G93 but not the 95.

Associate
Thanks for that, I was asking as my discount through work applies to the G93 but not the 95.

Weird, the Samsung EPP store accessed via Perkbox or StudentBeans currently lists both 93 and 95 with a 20% discount on the 95. I've never seen it on the 93 and I refreshed many times last week! Both out of stock now though...

Associate
Quick heads up for Rainforest orders. I ordered on Sept 14. It was supposedly sent to me on Sept 27th. It never arrived. I received an automatic notification to say I'd been refunded this morning. I doesn't look like they are having much g95 luck.

Associate
Interesting..my order was placed Sep 19th and still sitting there saying expected Nov 11th. They really don't seem to have a clue what they are doing.

Associate
I seriously do not think you will get that order. They seemed entirely confused. When mine was "supposedly" sent, the tracker code they gave me said "in transit" but when I went to the courier's site and entered the code, it said "waiting for item from retailer". I don't think it ever left. So the timers ticked over, the order sla wasn't met and the money return process was kicked in.

Associate
Was wondering if you guys could help me work out if what I'm after is impossible,

Like a lot of others I'm Wfh atm and want to connect my work laptop to this beauty as well, my first try was to use an old USB c to display port cable I had lying around which I'd used to test out dex on my old monitor and success that worked 5120x1440p at 60hz which for work I'm more than happy with, issue is the laptop is a convertible and has limited usb ports ie two USB Cs only and I've got my webcam, power cable, plus now external monitor cable all to connect so I was like sure I'll just grab one of those spiffy USB c docks, then I realised my laptop is usb c not thunderbolt 3 which limits dock options so after abit of research I grabbed a HP G5 (which is meant to support well over this res and had all the connection ports I needed) but all I seem to get out of it is a 3840x1080p image.

Is this a limitation of using a usb c dock and then outputting to displayport or am I doing something wrong, have updated all drivers firmware etc but still no luck.

Back
Top Bottom