Do TV's obey PC "sleep" commands?

Soldato
I know not a "monitor" but do TV's obey "Sleep" modes from a PC?

Maybe they do not but my LG stays active when told to "sleep" as you can see the backlights on the screen, does not fully goto standby.

Oddly, it never shows "no input" either meaning the PC is giving it a "black" screen rather than zero output.

Any way of working around this?

Thanks.

Caporegime
I don't believe the PC has anyway of sending such a command. It's just that monitors have an inbuilt behaviour to enter a sleep mode when there is no input, something that TVs don't really have as they have a different use case.

Your TV should however have something in the power saving setting that will allow it to switch off automatically after a certain period of inactivity however. That's probably your best shot to avoid having to physically turn it off at the remote.

Soldato
OP
What I am confused with is that when it detects "no input" from a STB or other source, it does have a "no input screen" but with the PC, it always detects an input, for example when PC is told to put monitor to sleep, but instead of detecting NO Input, it detects a blank screen. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom