teamocuk.co.uk closing down

Man of Honour
Hi all,

As a result of the operating system on the teamocuk.co.uk server reaching end of support in November, I've been considering its future. I've not maintained the site for some time but continued to pay (£80 per month) to keep it running out of inertia. I could move it to a new server for similar cost, and have also considered running it from home (at electricity cost), but despite the number of visitors still using the site, there appears to be very little demand from here to keep it running. Therefore, given the effort and cost needed to move and maintain it, I've decided to close it down. It's been fun and a privilege to provide the service (despite the cost!) but it's time to move on.

I'll turn off automatic updates to the site on 30th September and do one final backup. The site will then continue to run with no updates until the contract ends. If you want to save anything from there, please feel free. If you still use signatures from there, please remove them.

Thanks.

PS - Most likely shutdown date is 8th October

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Server was switched off this morning at 10.50am, but I do have a backup if you really want to try. The backup is 250GB so would need to find somewhere suitable. I'd rather not try OpenVPN again though.

Back
Top Bottom