---Left 4 Dead 2 Thread---

Associate
I still dabbled now and again but finding games was a pain, And the graphics looked a bit soft. The biggest gripe is too many medkits and people able to literally run through a map.

Does it include something like 1 medkit at most? If not then a few weapons will not do anything and i never played scavage or arena in 700hrs of gametime.

I tried casual servers not so long ago, only as you mention, people were running through the map - so it either left someone stranded and they died or caused rage quits. I like to play the game as it was designed, take time to explore, work as a team - this trend of spamming was not for me. Shame as when you get a decent group its awesome. Versus mode never grabbed me, preferred to play the chapters.

Love this game and keep meaning to have another run through against AI. I got to the hardest difficulty against bots but never completed (too hard for me). Whilst the AI is decent, limitations started to creep in when playing harder difficulties. Always felt a third game would be awesome, meet other friendly's on the map; other survivors fighting their own battles and you can join etc. Got to give this another go now there is this new patch. :)

Permabanned
I tried casual servers not so long ago, only as you mention, people were running through the map - so it either left someone stranded and they died or caused rage quits. I like to play the game as it was designed, take time to explore, work as a team - this trend of spamming was not for me. Shame as when you get a decent group its awesome. Versus mode never grabbed me, preferred to play the chapters.

Love this game and keep meaning to have another run through against AI. I got to the hardest difficulty against bots but never completed (too hard for me). Whilst the AI is decent, limitations started to creep in when playing harder difficulties. Always felt a third game would be awesome, meet other friendly's on the map; other survivors fighting their own battles and you can join etc. Got to give this another go now there is this new patch. :)

Yep but if they still got two medkits then its a laughable attempt at balance. Thats why they run you can get someone up, Kit them to nearly full hp knowing there will be more later plus pills etc. Its really too easy for survivors and thru require zero teamwork where the infected need it.

Associate
Yeah I played for the first time in 4 years or so to try the new map and got a team in under a minute. Seems to be plenty of players returned, the new map's good too.

We've got a resurgence of VS games of this going on my discord server, if you want to join in at some point, chuck me a Steam invite (link in sig) and we'll go from there. They tend to be on some Fri/Sat evenings.

Associate
OK, so it's basically 26 community-made survival maps with an exit. Will keep an eye on this thread.

Is there more gore? These things are important!

No, it is 26 more survival maps - and a brand new campaign based on a previous survival map.

No new gore changes

Capodecina
Soldato
Had a go at this yesterday, having not played L4D2 for years. It felt rather dated to me and the game hasn't aged all that well. I absolutely loved the game in the early 2010s and did it to death, but I don't think there'a very much new it can bring to the table now for me. Maybe this update is just one for the hardcore fans.

Associate
Had a go at this yesterday, having not played L4D2 for years. It felt rather dated to me and the game hasn't aged all that well. I absolutely loved the game in the early 2010s and did it to death, but I don't think there'a very much new it can bring to the table now for me. Maybe this update is just one for the hardcore fans.

Very strange, I always find the source games to have aged very well.

Associate
Very strange, I always find the source games to have aged very well.
Agreed I hopped on for a few games couple of weeks ago when the update came out. Haven't played L4D2 since 2009/10 era. Thought it still looked remarkably good for the time that's passed. Can't say the visuals offended me in any way considering its over 10 years old.

Back
Top Bottom