New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
I'm hoping it's just a sign of good screen.

But simply put, on the start menu, if you see the yellow folder icon, at the top left of it, goes from a ligh yellow to the bottom right it's a deep yellow, quite a change. I've never noticed this on any other monitor I've used.

Is it correct that it should be going sharply from light yellow to a deep yellow at the bottom right? As opposed to maintaining quite a bright yellow with only a faint difference to the bottom right?

Associate
I'm hoping it's just a sign of good screen.

But simply put, on the start menu, if you see the yellow folder icon, at the top left of it, goes from a ligh yellow to the bottom right it's a deep yellow, quite a change. I've never noticed this on any other monitor I've used.

Is it correct that it should be going sharply from light yellow to a deep yellow at the bottom right? As opposed to maintaining quite a bright yellow with only a faint difference to the bottom right?

I think it’s the wide gamut making it more obvious. You can tone it down abit in the gain and offset menu but it won’t change a whole lot. Going from a 10 year old 1080p panel everything looked strange to me viewing it on a 1440p wide gamut ips panel but I have to say the colours are fantastic after some adjustments

b4z

b4z

Associate
Yeah but anyone can add them at checkout, I can request more as well, I also have totum, student beans and unidays, they all give me coupons, however the dell ones I posted I got via email through my university email.
Could you post another (says they have already been redeemed)? Thanks a lot! :D

Associate
I bagged one before for £331.50 :D I was on the fence between that or the GW34QC. But after seeing some of the comments regarding the Gigabyte, better the devil you know. Current monitor is a Dell.

Associate
I bagged one before for £331.50 :D I was on the fence between that or the GW34QC. But after seeing some of the comments regarding the Gigabyte, better the devil you know. Current monitor is a Dell.

Cancelling my GW34QC pre-order tomorrow for this - way too much negative feedback going around about the GB.

Associate
Will they ask for a proof that I'm a student?

Not that I'm aware of. They've not asked me or others. And it's literally just adding a promo/voucher at checkout at the last step.

I only had to verify my status to get the codes sent to my email. Which they got sent to my personal as I had added my university one and personal one,

Also I can get more so far if needed :)

Associate

Exactly the same as me. Already have a 27' 1440p Dell Ultrasharp which is still great, but that needs to go to the office now so time for a new one. Also had a GW34QC pre-ordered, but cancelled in favour of this.

Associate
@Smiffy - Any chance of a code please? :)

Yeah man, no problem.

Okay slight problem generating they're now telling me no coupons available, however, I found these in my student email. The S & P is what I used for this monitor, not the exact code though.

10% off SE Series Monitors PFQ$S6K$1WB37$

15% off S & P Series Monitors H9NJG6QG6KCLJV

20% off Ultrasharp & Alienware Monitors 066GNC9B418J8P

If they don't work try these also.

15% off S & P Series Monitors 2JLR3R9V4J0GPL
15% off S & P Series Monitors BLZMZ8LDG60H?G (think I used this one)

Back
Top Bottom