Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Hyq44on.png

Sold my amp and speakers and went for a Soundbar. My wife was never a fan of the speakers and i found i was never sitting down to listen to music much anymore, and with the dogs snoring i find i use my headphones 99% of the time anyway.

Least this way we have something easy to use and connect phones to etc, and something decent for watching movies through. My wifes was never a fan of films on my stereo but with this she doesn't have much choice :D

I would've liked the Q950R with the rear speakers, but i was blocked from that. I did initially buy the Q800 but returned it for this one and glad i did, it's a sizable improvement, and with the current 50% off deal not a huge cost difference.

Soldato
I mean I kind of purchased it, I purchased 10 raffle tickets for a total of £49.50 and won a £630 monitor in return, that comes a week after winning an RTX 3080 from the same site.

3lPhHk1.jpg

Associate
Sad it was cancelled this year so I bought a print of last year's poster, by the awesome Drew Millward

Also a cheap but nice-ish looking frame from Ebay, have some better quality ones for my other prints but that store closed down, wouldn't buy from these again but it'll do.

50432243626_fbdd6fe49f_c.jpg

Associate
Interesting, i usually go to a framing shop for my prints, i keep thinking of trying online but never gone for it yet.

Is it a fairly painful process?

Very cool print too :)

Just a case of selecting the correct size and ordering, this was an A2 for £8.55 so pretty reasonable. The other ones I have were from a store on Amazon, but when I went back to order more they had disappeared.

This is where the one above is from - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOTO-PI...var=472008917585&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Similar price to the ones on Amazon, it isn't terrible but the corners where the wood joins is a little tatty at the back, not sanded and painted very well but looks ok from the front. Also it's a plastic front, whereas the Amazon ones were glass for the same price. Not a massive issue really, I guess this wouldn't shatter if it fell.

As said, not terrible and will do but probably will look elsewhere when I next need some.

Soldato
Some new old stock for the collection. Still had that new tech smell!

6DIhtial.jpg
BCW0LFQl.jpg
Memories.

I think i have one of those in the loft. If you don't mind me asking how much did you buy that for?

I have no intention of selling - lazyness - but i have nearly all my old components in the loft dating back to P75 builds, all with boxes. Beginning to wonder what i'm sitting on with retro component/builds (no cases).

Soldato
If you have any 3DFX boxes there, I might be interested for my retro collection.
LOL - i nearly mentioned Voodoo in my post due to the Matrox card.

I do have them - but that is probably one of the few cards i'm actually attached to - Quake memories.

I have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in a machine at my mum's. Pretty confident the box should be knocking about too, but I haven't visited since covid!
Looks like you may have a winner - my guilt is lessened. :)

Soldato
Tannoy Mercury Floorstanders and Mercury 7C Centre, Mercury Loudspeakers for the surrounds, and it's a Tannoy sub (spot the theme). Obviously not top end speakers, but for the size of my room and how loud I can have it 99% of the time with two kids, they are definitely more than good enough

I have Mercury front floor standing, center and bookshelf rears, think they are great for the money

Soldato
I still have an ATI 9700 Pro 128mb.

That was THE card to have and my last gaming machine.

That was a beaut! I actually never owned any ATI cards until the 2900 series.
Was always 3DFX, and then NVIDIA after they bought them.

I nearly sold my GeForce 4 4800Ti SE my dad got me to buy the amazing FX 5200 ( New series with bigger number ). I was actually saved by the fella in PC world, he knew his stuff and said I was mental.

Soldato
Pair of 'new to me' Le Creu Salt & Pepper grinders and some Rave Coffee to go with an AeroPress. Looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow morning. :)

IMG-1733.jpg

edit: Just me, or does the glossy finish on the grinders make them look like an awful photoshop job? :p

Associate
Pair of 'new to me' Le Creu Salt & Pepper grinders and some Rave Coffee to go with an AeroPress. Looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow morning. :)

edit: Just me, or does the glossy finish on the grinders make them look like an awful photoshop job? :p

Enjoy! I'm still working my way through the Rave coffee selection to see which one I want to add as a subscription.

Back
Top Bottom