** World of Warcraft : Shadowlands **

Associate
Everyone was so sure they would not delay the release, I'm glad they're making sure it's decent.

Yep, definitely the right move - the systems introduced in bfa were a total dud for me right from the off so I'm glad they've listened to the early feedback. I'd rather wait than get that sinking feeling again!

Associate
I still think it will be busted on launch. They have left themselves a balancing nightmare by adding so many systems. Conduits, Legendaries, Talents, Covenant abilities.

They can fix the basic stuff like questing XP, talents not working etc but balance will be the one thing that I think will still be broken at launch.

Soldato
It all used to be so simple. Reputation and experience.

Now there are so many bloody currancies, factions etc etc that its a right head ache.

Associate
I guess it's a pretty fine line between creating a new gaming experience each time without breaking the game.

I have personally dipped in and out of playing over the last few expansions and will always see my early years as the best on the game. However, I think I will always be drawn back to the game in general if they keep it going.

Let's hope so, their last delay was WC3 Reforged and that was absolutely diabolical haha.

Edit : "I'm glad they're attempting to make it decent ;)"

Soldato
I guess it's a pretty fine line between creating a new gaming experience each time without breaking the game.

I have personally dipped in and out of playing over the last few expansions and will always see my early years as the best on the game. However, I think I will always be drawn back to the game in general if they keep it going.

Edit : "I'm glad they're attempting to make it decent ;)"

Same, Wrath was peak for me. I've played a few months of each expansion since but there's never been anything that's kept me wanting to play like it did back then. Could be age, who knows. I much preferred the simpler wow, there was just as much to do it was just nowhere near as convoluted.

Soldato
Same, Wrath was peak for me. I've played a few months of each expansion since but there's never been anything that's kept me wanting to play like it did back then. Could be age, who knows. I much preferred the simpler wow, there was just as much to do it was just nowhere near as convoluted.

Vanilla through WoTLK was definitely amazing. MoP and Legion were great too, I want to move away from these one expansion systems, they didn't really exist back then until WoD and I don't see why we need something that needs to be balanced around all 36 classes for one expansion, seems to cause them hell every time.

Permabanned
They add so many new systems on top of systems that no one really wants and are just there as time sinks that then require so much dev to balance. Better off spending the dev time on other things.

Soldato
They add so many new systems on top of systems that no one really wants and are just there as time sinks that then require so much dev to balance. Better off spending the dev time on other things.

Yep, I would rather have much more story based content, so much content is taken away in each expansion now, that previous expansions don't make sense from a story perspective, that and most of the 'lore' is now hidden away in the books which is wrong in my mind.

Associate
Ahhhh new xpac, time for me to desperately resist starting again, looking up how much I could have sold my Feldrake and Dark Portal hearthstone for had I never redeemed them and then crying

Soldato
Looks like i’m back to maining marksmanship as enhancement is still completely awful to play, it’s just way too slow in it’s core rotation and the new maelstrom is just really unrewarding.

Oh well, I guess you can’t win them all.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Damn it, I was trying to complete areas in BFA (and the prior expansion) much earlier in the year. Had some time out. Have a lvl 118 Priest. Want to carry on that crusade but worry I'll outlevel myself when the new patch goes live. Just wanna chill out playing WoW rather than get super involved but do like completing things as best I can. Gonna re-sub later and hope I can remember what I was doing.

Associate
Damn it, I was trying to complete areas in BFA (and the prior expansion) much earlier in the year. Had some time out. Have a lvl 118 Priest. Want to carry on that crusade but worry I'll outlevel myself when the new patch goes live. Just wanna chill out playing WoW rather than get super involved but do like completing things as best I can. Gonna re-sub later and hope I can remember what I was doing.

When prepatch drops this week, you will be able to sync any expansions content to your current level using "Chromie Time" by talking to Chromie in SW/Org. So you're golden, no need to worry about outlevelling content!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
When prepatch drops this week, you will be able to sync any expansions content to your current level using "Chromie Time" by talking to Chromie in SW/Org. So you're golden, no need to worry about outlevelling content!

Oh brilliant, thank you. That'll help. I was running through achivements for flying etc I think and just enjoying slowly levelling given I'm a squishy priest. Looking forward to enjoying some time out with it :)

Need to update my mods too I guess, I wasn't using a manager before.

Associate

I think you might like the new expansion then, much less grinding involved, and the leveling itself is super fast compared to old times

Associate
OP
I've just started multiboxing for something different (and hoping to make my millions....pfft...we'll see) but waiting to level them till pre-patch hits.

Wonder what will happen with existing heirlooms, replaced or just lose their stats?

Associate
Enjoying the new leveling experience in prepatch. A group of friends all rerolled on Kazzak horde and have been leveling over the past week, the rework to Shadowpriest has me considering it as my main once again, it's rather fun. (though am expecting some nerfs to some skills)

Soldato
I was planning on playing shadowlands on release but as it got delayed I thought I'd give it a go when the pre-patch hit.

I was already max level but not played since reaching that ages ago so my gearscore is 70 :( which is pretty terrible. I'm pretty much lost on what to do, is there a way of getting higher gear quickly at the moment, if not I don't see the point in playing until shadowlands?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
How does changing spec work? Seems a couple of posts regarding Shadow Priest. I have levelled as a Disc Priest through a couple expansions but never stuck to the endgame. Lvl 50 now but still playing BFA content.

I have my bars and what it all set up how I want for now. I only use WA, Details and DBM add-ons. Will changing spec trash my bars and Macros like they used to many moons ago?

Back
Top Bottom