• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 3080

Associate
According to an email from OCUK, I am 35th in a queue for 3080 FTW3 Ultra ... Does anyone have any information on shipment from EVGA? I feel like even if I managed to phone OCUK, I wouldn't be able to get any information from them nor I would be able to get through to them considering I was trying to ask some questions and nobody was picking the phone up... Everyone here and I included, we're all waiting for a little bit of information regarding the shipment... I'm alright with waiting, but I'm not alright with being kept in the dark.

Someone DM'd them on Twitter and they replied saying they have no update and are hoping they can get a shipment out this side of Christmas.

Associate
No 9 for the EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra, hope they get some shipment this week. I have been speaking to Jacob from EVGA, and he said that shipment to UK is being sent out. I noticed that other etailers have already received EVGA cards and shipped them out. Not sure what is happening to OCUK allocation. Could it be that priority is given to Case King first? Strange phenomenon..

Has anyone from this forum spoken to customer service for the EVGA specifically?

I'm number 8 for the same card. I've been doing pretty much the same as you - checking Jacob from EVGA on Twitter. I was hoping a competitor's table of stock would be indicative of what OCUK got but I'm getting less and less hopeful of seeing this card before Christmas

Associate
I'm number 8 for the same card. I've been doing pretty much the same as you - checking Jacob from EVGA on Twitter. I was hoping a competitor's table of stock would be indicative of what OCUK got but I'm getting less and less hopeful of seeing this card before Christmas

OCUK get stock from distributors not direct unlike another big UK computer store

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/no-evga-before-christmas.18901767/

I've also made a thread on EVGA forums asking Jacob for input so

Rom

Rom

Associate
Im so glad I went with a competitor this time round.
Not only was the Ultra £100 cheaper, it came this morning!

Can't wait to get home from work.

Soldato
My queue position not been updated.

The competitor price was very fair tbh. I didn't pay £20 for ultra as they're not binned and can clock it myself.

What has now emerged is that non ultras are almost non existent for some reason:(

Associate

The competitor price was very fair tbh. I didn't pay £20 for ultra as they're not binned and can clock it myself.

What has now emerged is that non ultras are almost non existent for some reason:(

I'd put forward the same theory as I have been for the ASUS OC vs non-OC numbers. The cards are physically identical, just a different firmware config, so the Ultra and OC cards just have a better markup and more profit for the AIB. If I was them I'd putting a Ultra/OC badge on any that didn't fail whatever testing they do to validate the card at those clocks to get that extra profit.

Associate

I am queued for the non-ultra, and this concerns me. I've seen zero reports of the card existing yet. No shipping, no images, no reviews, just silence.

Associate
Im so glad I went with a competitor this time round.
Not only was the Ultra £100 cheaper, it came this morning!

Can't wait to get home from work.

Nice! Do you know what your queue number was before shipping? I think I've ordered from the same place and am around 100. Wondering how many they're getting.

Associate
How do you know he didn't order before you?
1. He went with a competitor
2. I got my order locked in at 14:13 so I doubt he was ahead of me (but if he was said competitor has given an ETA for the next batch)
3. I've spent nearly £4,000 with OcUK over the year but this is my first Day 1 buy, and the fact they knew they couldn't source them and listem them anyway is what pushed me over the edge. They knew what they did was wrong because EVGA are the only 3080 which have had pre-orders disabled and they just ignored the EVGA 3090 series.

Back
Top Bottom