• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Wow that heatsink is HUGE! Looks like they've made sure this time they keep temps and noise at a minimum, however I couldn't help but think the reason for such a cooling system is because they've clocked the nuts off a 8TF GPU to reach 10.3TF

Soldato
I'm liking what I'm seeing - the huge fan and big intakes and exhaust vents, the mahoosive heatsink, the liquid metal TIM, and the easily vacuum able dust collectors all point to a big focus on heat control, and low noise.

Also love that there's even somewhere to store the screw from the base. And that hole some people thought was a button for the external SSD? A plug for the screw hole, of course! :p:D

Soldato
Do you think there would be an issue with signal if the console was behind TV totally? As in with the controller, I know the Switch insists on being visible or my controllers do weird things.

I doubt it as I've had my PS4 behind a TV for the last few months and hasn't been an issue.

Switch is the other side behind the telly and the joycons drop out time to time but the pro controller is fine.

Soldato
Ooooo I’m getting excited for it now.
It’s for my son for Xmas but I might just have to ensure it’s ready for him on the big day by installing a few games :p No point him opening it and having to wait hours for patches to download ;)

Soldato
I ordered an xbox series S so I can play lost oddysey at better performance.
Keeping my ps4 pro for foreseeable future, none of the launch ps5 games interest me.

However the design of the ps5 is awful for me, its slanted top means I cannot put anything on it, which with my space constraints is a problem.

Soldato
Damn it, was hoping they would release a black console so I didn't bother ordering one. Guess they'll just release over priced covers instead.
Or you know, wait for third party covers, I’m sure they’ll be much cheaper than official Sony covers.

edit. I think some see through covers would be cool.

Soldato
What about the controllers though?

The OCD types out there will go nuts with a black console and white controllers :p
I hate white consoles but love white controllers, I'm weird like that.

Really pleased to see, as some of us debated a few months ago, that the covers are indeed easily removable, hello hydrographics dipping, yes :)

Soldato
However the design of the ps5 is awful for me, its slanted top means I cannot put anything on it, which with my space constraints is a problem.

I will be amazed if there isn't a third party cover with a flat top for that exact reason within a few weeks of release.

Back
Top Bottom