What watch do you wear?

Soldato
This dropped in my inbox the other day, didn't think it was going to be limited edition so shouldn't be to difficult to get hold of?
There is already a 2 year waiting list.

Or you could have one straight away :p

50432368393_854da4a92e_h.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGDPHuQgjIl/

Mere days after I order the SB01 having waited months to see if the bronze comes back into stock.... the bronze comes into stock TOMORROW! :mad:

Can't even make this up lol.

Oh well, it is what it is. At least it's good to know the bronze will become part of the regular Aquascaphe line after the first 300 numbered run, so I can still order one in time.

Associate
Don't worry you made the right choice ;)

I've read quite a lot feedback on the bronze model and people being disappointed by the look and feel of the watch once it starts to age.

Or you could have one straight away :p

50432368393_854da4a92e_h.jpg

Definitely not worth it. The only Speedmaster worth spending quite a lot of money on is the new Calibre 321 edition :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Only one Speedy I like really:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega...UbCf576pSLpeYvQ1jDjafeisiPjDSDF4aAmjdEALw_wcB

IMO looks fantastic!

Don't worry you made the right choice ;)

I've read quite a lot feedback on the bronze model and people being disappointed by the look and feel of the watch once it starts to age.

Surely this is a bronze thing in general as it oxidises and the patina takes place so am guessing many people only see the initial gleam of fresh bronze not expecting the metal to age like it does and begin to look like it's been laying in a seabed for months :p

I really like the aged bronze as it changes over time! I have a raw copper/bronze torch that's the same and it looks fantastic :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Did you get my email as per your request quite some time back btw? They seemed to have gone.... unnoticed...

Edit*
Got your call, All sorted cheers! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice watch. I've imported stuff from Japan before. The amount you'll pay will depend on how you've been changed in Japan. Japan has a 10% purchase tax on everything that is sold. You may have already paid that although it isn't always clear when buying things. For example, items purchased on Yahoo Japan! need to have this tax added onto them. There will also be a 20% import tax applied by UK customs. This 20% will be on the Japan price + Japanese Purchase Tax (10%) + postage cost. Most couriers will also charge a small fee to handling the customs process as well, typically around £12. So as an example, lets say I buy something in Japan for £100 (13500 yen) where no taxes have been accounted for and postage is £20.

£100 + 10% = £110 (Japanese purchase tax)
£110 + £20 = £130 (Postage)
£130 + 20% = £156 (UK import tax)
£156 + £12 = £168 (Courier handling charge)

As you can see it can add up quickly, especially for more affordable items. However, for more expensive smaller items where postage costs are not too large you can typically take the yen price and divide it by 100 to give you the rough cost.

So quick update on the Japan import of the 1974 Seiko Lordmatic. The watch arrived today and the import fees totaled £62.00. I was fairly happy with that the watch is immaculate and looks less than a year old.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No date, minimalist dial, clean design... A total win :cool:

I have to say I am less likely to wear any of my other straps now with this Baltic. The Tropic strap is so comfy that no other compares. I wanted to look at getting a military green one too so checked out the official Tropic website and it's around £90 for one :eek: - Total madness but the quality is definitely up there. I think I will skip it though and just continue with this blue and rotate with the bracelet every now and then.

Tropic_Sunlit.jpg

Funny isn't it? Never liked the look of Tropic straps on photos on strap sites but now that I've seen one in the flesh and worn it a few days, can't imagine any watch without one now.

Needless to say, if anyone wants a 20mm black/orange combo Barton Silicone Elite for free, then let me know and I'll get this sent out to you. It's 18mm taper at the buckle end btw.

GpqpTUI.jpg

Caporegime
No date, minimalist dial, clean design... A total win :cool:

I have to say I am less likely to wear any of my other straps now with this Baltic. The Tropic strap is so comfy that no other compares. I wanted to look at getting a military green one too so checked out the official Tropic website and it's around £90 for one :eek: - Total madness but the quality is definitely up there. I think I will skip it though and just continue with this blue and rotate with the bracelet every now and then.

Tropic_Sunlit.jpg

Funny isn't it? Never liked the look of Tropic straps on photos on strap sites but now that I've seen one in the flesh and worn it a few days, can't imagine any watch without one now.

Needless to say, if anyone wants a 20mm black/orange combo Barton Silicone Elite for free, then let me know and I'll get this sent out to you. It's 18mm taper at the buckle end btw.

GpqpTUI.jpg

Love how you've shown us every shot/angle but not what it looks like on wrist :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Aquascaphe SB01^

Love how you've shown us every shot/angle but not what it looks like on wrist :D
Oh.

wrist-rotate-ropic.gif

wrist-rotate-dialbracelet.gif

wrist-rotate-clasp.gif

Happy now @Janesy B ? :D

Edit*
I have placed an order for a NATO green Tropic strap from Tropic direct as they seem to be the only original Tropic strap maker who make the best quality rubber tropic (dare me to say tropic one more time....). It's ridiculously expensive but I think I am done with silicone and any "in-between" strap. The Baltic one is fantastic but they sadly only have blue and black and I want dark green which only seems to be done by Tropic themselves. I also love the taper to 16mm on the buckle, just suits the original vintage aesthetic.

Last edited:
Associate
Did you get my email as per your request quite some time back btw? They seemed to have gone.... unnoticed...

Edit*
Got your call, All sorted cheers! :D

Apologies again for that buddy, completely my fault.

This is the live community thing we do on a Friday afternoon I was talking about - might be of some interest to the other forum peeps too.

Had RJ the founder of Fratello Watches on the show talking about all things Omega Speedmaster - turned out to be a good laugh.

Speak soon bud!

Back
Top Bottom