neXt (2020) - Series about AI doing.... things...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Just caught episode 1 and it reminds me of Devs except from the AI front which is quite interesting. It plays on the cautions given by the tech billionaires of the real world about AI self re-writing itself to become faster and more intelligent each phase and each phase being exponentially better than the previous. A really strong possibility in our future if not moderated.

Caporegime
Wasn't impressed by the trailer and knowing Fox, it will be cancelled after the first season :p.

How did you rate the episode overall?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Quite sinister especially the 2nd half. The trailer doesn't give it enough justice but in a way that's good as you're not given too much and nothing is spoiled. I'm intrigued to see where the story goes and what's on the table now after the end of ep 1.

Soldato
Was pretty good, I love **** like this so it's right up my alley (fnarr fnarr, yakk yakk). Just hope Fox don't do what they normally do and air the episodes in a random order, like they did with Almost Human.

Soldato
I actually thought the trailer looked quite good.

But as others have said, i'll wait until it's got some seasons to munch through rather than the usual 1 season wonders that Fox produces.

Soldato
saw on other forums pretty much the same thing, its fox so will get cancelled anyway

Sadly a self-fulfilling prophecy - Fox announce new SF show, it gets an excited and passionate fanbase, Fox cancels it after just one season it for no identifiable reason - Fox then announce a new SF show - no-one watches it because they know Fox will just cancel it - Fox then cancel it because no-one watches it - rinse and repeat as Fox wonder why no-one watches their shows any-more with a shocked Pikachu face!

Back
Top Bottom