• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Caporegime
They are a GREAT company, I use a lot of their stuff, I couldn't have a PC build without an Aquaero in it, the software is perfect for fine tuning fans, pumps, etc to your liking. Ignore their 90's style website, they are just old school techies.

aQUAERO is brilliant. Last three systems have all had one.

Soldato
Bugger, just got an update from my distributer that the Asus Strix OC 3090 still isn't on it's way from their distributer... Maybe time to cancel and look elsewhere or just wait it out?

Associate
I received my queue position email for my EVGA 3090 XC3 from the other place....... I am in position 1!!!

I can almost taste it now! Hopefully I can join the ROH in the next week or so. What a massive tease!

Hopefully I can report in some numbers soon. I am going to be undervolting it for a SFF case so things could get interesting.

My colleague ordered a 3080 XC3 Ultra on 17th from the same place and got his position today 251, He is fuming and will be lucky to get one this side of Christmas.

Associate
Oh and running so far so good on a HX750i PSU single cable. CPU (9700k) is clocked to 5ghz but only have a couple of M2s and a SSD connected I think so not much demand I guess. No coil whine or increase noise etc. Happy days

Associate
I'll leave as is unless I have any stability issue, been running flight sim 2020 for an hour or so and no issues even with the protective film that you're supposed to remove on top of the card lol. Only noticed it due to looking at the photo I took.

Soldato
@Jay85 @Greebo I looked at the Aqua website and it suggested that they might have a backplate for people who want to add the memory cooler.
I've got all the products saved so when it comes available im'a do a buy unless OCUK stocks it within a couple of days. The LCD manifold is separate as well so you need:

1. Backplate with the heatpipe
2. LCD Manifold with heatpipe adaptation
3. gpu block

Looking at prices, it's going to be around £210-220ish for the lot.

Hopefully they will. My pump is an Aqua Computer pump, bought from OCUK - so they haven't been adverse to stocking AC parts in the past!
They got back to me and said they will be ordering, it's just not available yet obviously but depends how many caseking get as they get stocks direct from them.

Associate
Nice card. You dont want to run that off a single Y cable, its a power hog go for separates for stability.
Well despite earlier saying all was well seems I changed to another game and got complete system reboots, no blue screen just straight off.

I've switched the PSU from multi rail to single rail mode which seems to have resolved the issue.

Question do we know (or have an educated guess) if I was to get a second cable would it be stable back in multi rail? Does it even matter now that it's apparently stable in single rail?

Associate
Well despite earlier saying all was well seems I changed to another game and got complete system reboots, no blue screen just straight off.

I've switched the PSU from multi rail to single rail mode which seems to have resolved the issue.

Question do we know (or have an educated guess) if I was to get a second cable would it be stable back in multi rail? Does it even matter now that it's apparently stable in single rail?

Yes, adding a second cable and running from the 2nd rail will make it stable, plus you won't be pulling too much amperage over one connector either!!! You really should be doing it properly and not the lazy way (and clean inside your case for god sake :D )

Associate
Honestly dreading having to do this. Maybe I should just order a bunch of new fans now to save myself from having to clean them...

Ha ha. I'm already considering a whole new case and cooler :D My Phanteks Enthoo Primo is looking a little dated compared to the Luxe 719 and I really fancy going from my Dark Rock to water. Oh how boredom gives way to silly ideas while I wait for my 3090 to arrive.

Associate
I'm already considering a whole new case
I've had my Obsidian 800D for a good 8 years now and as much as I do love having the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey in my room, it's also starting to show its age. I may have to consider doing some research into what midi cases can take the girth of a Strix 3090

Associate
Yes, adding a second cable and running from the 2nd rail will make it stable, plus you won't be pulling too much amperage over one connector either!!! You really should be doing it properly and not the lazy way (and clean inside your case for god sake :D )
Cheers, sure there was an element of lazyness but I as much as that I just wanted to prove/find out myself what could/could not work. Sure I'll clean the damn computer ;) Been a while since I've had the power washer out.

Back
Top Bottom