Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
mine are the puns. ;)

I know the team very well and stuff like that has pages of standards and requirements that takes a lot of compromise. There is no such thank as perfect car design, no defending just stating facts when I read wide boy remarks. ;) I mean “whim” what does that even mean in the context of something that took years to design? :confused:

I do observe your point, but pot kettle black if you look back at the battery relocation exercise... :p

I thought you were ready to build a moat and tar pits for that defence.

It does rather look like they forgot the aesthetic appeal when weighing up the design decisions though. ;)

RE: the battery relocation debacle... :D Yes fair enough, but towards the end I still maintain people were pretty unfair. When everyone was happy with the way I had done it, but were moaning about cable colour. When tonnes of cars have different cable colours anyway. Blue, green, brown, black, red, yellow, stripey, depends on the car. Positive lead is black on my BMW and was from factory. ;)

But I digress.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The IPace IRL looks great IMO. It looks utterly awful in the image with those odd wheels in post #52101 somehow, but that isnt how they look IRL in the usual spec which you see day to day.

Review is mixed though, much lower range than the computer predicts and overall not massively efficient compared with Tesla. Very nice car though....

Caporegime
Range is over 200 miles, that'll do for me nicely. I'll rarely charge it anywhere but at home. Faster DC charging would be useful if I was doing longer journeys.

Build quality is impressive. Easily up there with my F10 5 series, if not better. Materials are more premium in the cabin with more metal around the place. There is some shiny black plastic though which is always a pain.

Looks aren't great, the wheels have to go on mine. On larger wheels I quite like it but the proportions are all a little odd.

Performance is impressive. Fun to drive so far.

User interface is a mixed bag. Android auto is brilliant, really like that. I also like the built in Spotify functionality that works with the in car data SIM for when I forget my phone.

The cars own interface isn't awful but the input lag is frustrating. I know this year's Ipace has addressed this.

Would I buy one? Not sure yet. Probably not as EV tech will likely move on rapidly. For a cheap 3 year lease it suits nicely.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s a hatch not a boot. Open your mind. :p

sharp cut off “Kamm back” is good for aero rather than having a longer boattailing rear end.

Have to be careful here else we are gonna all start arguing about something subjective and based on opinions which is abit silly. (Although this car did win world car design awards;))

Next we’ll be onto not being able to put sheep into a new defender.

Soldato
It’s a hatch not a boot. Open your mind. :p

sharp cut off “Kamm back” is good for aero rather than having a longer boattailing rear end.

Have to be careful here else we are gonna all start arguing about something subjective and based on opinions which is abit silly. (Although this car did win world car design awards;))

Next we’ll be onto not being able to put sheep into a new defender.

All kinds of cars have won awards over the years, including some real duffers :D

Don't even get me started on the defender either. If I want an iconic off roader that's built in eastern europe, I might as well buy a Lada Niva.

Soldato
Lets be honest though, you ain't buying either.

I enquired about a Niva, when the guy set up a company to sell them here, then the pound nose dived and he gave up. I wouldn't touch a slovakian Defender in the future either. I'll stick with my Disco for the moment. I can forgive all the foibles that the Disco has, as it's actually made here.

Back
Top Bottom