Poll: Which next gen console will you be buying first?

Which Next Gen Console are you getting first?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • PS5

Votes: 46 51.1%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I nearly went PS5, mainly for Horizon, but I've always been a PC guy and the Xbox has the familiarity factor for me - I mean, triangles and circles, what's that all about :p

Associate
I've got 3 years of Ultimate already stacked so Series X for me.

MS got complacent after the 360 but doing all the right things of late. As a consumer, I don't care who wins, I want both consoles to do well and we get to play some excellent games.

I will get a PS5..... probably in the near year when supply will be plentiful.

Soldato
Xbox Series X with GamePass now and PS5 in a couple of years for exlusives only.

GamePass Ultimate is an excellent value for me, as I don't find all that much time to play games any more and paying the same amount yearly I would pay for a single game for an access to a huge catalogue of games that can be played on either a PC or the console has swayed my decision towards it.

Soldato
I've always been a PlayStation guy, but I've already got Gamepass as I use it on my laptop, and there's so little coming out on either of the new consoles that I'm going to get an Xbox Series S to use with my Gamepass sub for a year or two, then a PS5 when there are more games out and the price drops a bit.

Associate
Xbox Series X, but only first as it's released before the PS5 and both are on pre order:), November is going to be an expensive month!

Associate
Since my Sega Megadrive I didn't have a console until 2 years ago when I bought the kids a Switch.

Originally we were set on the PS5 and im keen on the new version PSVR when its released but I'm currently torn between PS and X

I dont have allegiance to either X or PS but I do have a question

As I understand GP allows downloads of any game in the library but PSN doesn't, what is the reason for this?

Our focus will be on games for the 7 or 9yr old but our fibre is around 35mb so playing direct from the servers could be troublesome with family demands on the internet. Downloaded games would provide the best option.

Associate
PS5 for demon's souls and some PS4 games I want to replay, just hope they are 60fps (Bloodborne).
Series S for gamepass/original Xbox/360 backwards compatibility
Don't hold your breath for a 60fps Bloodborne patch. It will run at 30fps with the usual frame pacing issues, a slight improvement on PS4 Pro boost mode which can't even hold 30.

Associate
Don't hold your breath for a 60fps Bloodborne patch. It will run at 30fps with the usual frame pacing issues, a slight improvement on PS4 Pro boost mode which can't even hold 30.
Yeah I know it's kinda wishful thinking but it wouldn't be much work to unlock PS4 games to run at 60 across the board as long as physics are not tied to 30.
If a random guy at home can get Bloodborne running at 720/60 surely a big company like Sony/from software can do it... Unless they want to resell us the game as a £70 "remaster" that consists of changing the render resolution to 4k and capping the framerate at 60.

Soldato
Not sure the poll is fair seeing the xbox is out 9 days earlier, so those getting both will obviously be getting the xbox first :)

I'm surprised that Gamepass is a deciding factor for some people, it's good value if you don't already own the games but I don't find it much use. That may change if/when MS actually release some decent exclusives but by then they'll probably increase the price of Gamepass.

Back
Top Bottom