Help purchased a pc and its HW banned

Associate
Hi guys new here.

I purchased a pc originally purchased from here about 6 months ago.

Just tried installing warzone that went well.

But i cant connect to any of the servers.

Got in contact with the seller he said he got caught cheating and hes account got banned and He think they have hardware banned the pc.

How can i fix this or what will i need to replace

Associate
What do you get on the screen? When I installed warzone I hadn't setup an account with Activision and just had the 'connecting to the internet' all the time.

Soldato
I doubt theyd ban the hardware, as i doubt theyd know what hardware he was running.They normally just ban the blazzard account.

EDIT : After googling it it seems they do ban the hardware ID or MAC address.

The MAC address issue can be easily fixed by using a different network adaptor, but the hardware id would need a new motherboard.

So in short - id return the stuff for a full refund.

Associate
OP
Thank you i have emailed activision see if they can do something about it.

If not i will try a new network adapter and see if that works.

I got the pc pretty cheap so dont mind soemding a little

Associate
The chances of Activision lifting the ban are slim to none. If a cheater ends up having to buy a new motherboard (or PC) to continue playing, then it's mission accomplished for the anti-cheat system.

Soldato
If a cheater ends up having to buy a new motherboard (or PC) to continue playing, then it's mission accomplished for the anti-cheat system.
True, but unfortunate for anyone buying a second hand PC with maligned hardware.

Something additional to ask when buying second hand motherboards/systems, I guess(?) - not that i imagine you would have much come back (as technically you're just buying the hardware).

Back
Top Bottom