• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire vega 56 pulse cooling, what are my options?

Soldato
Hi all,

So I have a vega 56 pulse which from a graphical perspective I'm really happy with but the thing is just soo damn noisy.

It's running in a meshify case with plenty of fans pushing and pulling and the temps aren't even that high but the fans on it are just so loud! I've adjusted the settings of the fans to try and keep then noise down but even at 50% I can normally hear it in the background of a game through my headphones..

Are there better solutions out there? I've seen the morphious II as an option? But I'm not sure if it's worth the money or if I'm just better off swapping it out for something a bit quieter. I tend to game a 1440p with 144hz monitor but that's less frequently these days mostly because of how noisy the card is. If anyone has any suggests for making it more quiet or better cooling or just a replacement I'm all ears..

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Now thats a bit strange, I had a sapphire vega 56 pulse a while back for a build I did and by my reckoning it was one of the quietest cards I've used. Have you tried undervolting at all? less voltage, so less heat, fans run slower, so less noise. What temps are you actually getting?

Soldato
OP
Nothing particularly high even if it's running at max it would barely reach 65-70 ish. Generally it's very cool its just very noisy. :(

Soldato
At max load I can't hear mine over the USB fan on my desk. Have you set a custom fan curve and undervolted? You can usually set atleast -100mv from the default.

Associate
I have Vega pulse 54 and it can get loud even underlocked so I can sympaithise .

Personally, I have thought about buying a new cooler for £50 then installing it and get a better experience. But its just not worth it tbh mate.

Vega is old and dying and it's time to upgrade. It will struggle with the new 1440p content games.

My route forward will be 3070 or when AMD pulls it's finger out 6800xt. Save the cash till then.

In the mean time try reseating the cooler and Tim with some new thermal paste.

Associate
Mine is very cool and quiet but is undervolted to 1.05v. maxed out around 70-72c with 40% fan speed under full load, without undervolt it's 80c and 50-55% fan speed.
At stock 1.2v it is quite toasty and loud.

Soldato
OP
I may have to look at under volting in the first instance. Are there any particularly good guides for it?

Back
Top Bottom