• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Caporegime
On a device that can hit 80% charge in an hour I can’t imagine disabling the AOD to get more battery life, the AOD was one of the selling points of me upgrading from the S4, being able to just glance at the time workout having to raise my wrist is something I’ve been want for a while.

Logically I don't see the point of having it on when I am not looking at it...it makes no sense at all.

It's like leave the car engine on when I am not in it.

It's been 25 hrs since last charge, currently at 53%. By turning off AOD it now lasts 2 days easy, meaning I never have a problem of it lasting a full day at all with heavy use.

Soldato
On a device that can hit 80% charge in an hour I can’t imagine disabling the AOD to get more battery life, the AOD was one of the selling points of me upgrading from the S4, being able to just glance at the time workout having to raise my wrist is something I’ve been want for a while.
Same for me - I stick mine (s5) on charge for an hour when I get in from work and then it’s back on and I’m golden for another day. AOD is an amazing feature, having to twist your wrist and hold it up just to check the time is a pita. It feels like a proper watch with AOD turned on.

Soldato
Anyone allergic to Nickel and used the Space Grey (Black) S6 without issues?

I remembered when I bought a S1 Space Grey and ended up returning due to the Nickel content and picked up the grey version instead, can’t really see anything concrete if the newer versions are better now, Apple website seems to say all models include traces but I vaguely remember it saying the same back in the day and I suffered with the space grey but was totally find with the normal grey version.

Soldato
Had a bit of a struggle with the bands, ordered my new watch on launch and followed the guide for size at the time which gave me a size 10. They updated the advice about checking the scale and the fit you should expect and it looked like a 8 was more suited but there was hassle first off exchanging straps without sending back the watch. The day I was in-store the advice had changed and I was able to exchange the strap only so I tried on different sizes in store and ended up with a size 7... 24 hours later I just found it way too tight, they were saying in store that over time they thought it would loosen up but I just didn't how it felt, it just seemed too tight so in the end I swapped again for a nike strap.
Happy now but I just didnt take to the sports loop on the wrist, I quite like the braided loop but stock is poop right now.

Got there in the end and the staff in the shop were really good, nothing was a problem and they just wanted to see me happy with the strap I settled on.

Soldato
I've seen a few reviews slating the blood o2 level sensors, given that's one of the main reasons I wanted it I'm now torn between the Series 6 and the Withings Scanwatch, which is clinically validated...

Caporegime
I've seen a few reviews slating the blood o2 level sensors, given that's one of the main reasons I wanted it I'm now torn between the Series 6 and the Withings Scanwatch, which is clinically validated...

It works but it’s on your wrist so not the best place for it. If you put it on a more fleshy part of your body it works better.

Soldato
Where do Withings expect you to wear the Scanwatch?
They've managed to get clinical validation on their kit, I would imagine if it was worth anything then Apple would be able to do the same thing, otherwise what's the point in the watch having that ability unless its a box-ticking addition..

Soldato
I got my 44mm Graphite Stainless Steel yesterday to replace my Series 2 Space Black Stainless Steel and it's definitely been a worthwhile upgrade.

Immediately the first thing I noticed was the size and weight difference between the two. The engineering and development in 4yrs is seriously impressive, it definitely feels like a product that has matured exceptionally well.

The larger screen and the always on display is really nice. The Graphite finish is also a very nice and a welcome change from the Space Black.

Commissario
OP
It works but it’s on your wrist so not the best place for it. If you put it on a more fleshy part of your body it works better.
I found it quite difficult to get a reading, the message it throws up isn't exactly useful either. "It's either too high on your wrist or not high enough, or the strap is too loose or too tight" :D

Associate
Forgot to send an update after my posts last week! Amazon came back in stock so ordered(44m space black Ali gps only) then on day of delivery (last Thursday) they confirmed delay and went back to the end Oct to mid Nov forecast!

Checked around and John Lewis had stock so got delivered to local Waitrose for collection last Friday. Side point, really impressed by their speed.

Find it a really nice piece of kit with fairly elegant interface! Got an Elkson bump rubber surround for it with slightly raised lip to protect without covering screen, actually think it looks ok, other than trapping dust at edges!

Charging is a bit of a pain, but just stick it on while making / having dinner so don’t really lose anything

Associate
Just ordered 44mm SE GPS n LTE version. Coming from series 3 GPS only.
Would be interesting to see how much of an upgrade it will be. Went with exactly same black aluminium and black rubber strap as my 3. Can’t see myself wearing colours tbh.

Soldato
Hi just bought the 40mm apple watch 6 for my partner, it arrived today. Is there any accesseries worth getting to go with the watch, i have ordered a screen protector just in case. Is there any earphones that are good for less than £50.

Soldato
Do you think the next Apple Watch will have a body temperature sensor ? It seems odd previous ones to date haven't when I think about it. I'm just curious as I'm looking at an Apple Watch to monitor one of my parents who has health/mobility issues and the fall detection, 'find them', heart and oxygen level alerts and monitoring all appeals, but a temp sensor would also be useful to detect any potential fevers and infections.

Back
Top Bottom