Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Commissario
It's impossible to make every road/junction realistic, of course there are going to be copy/paste junctions. It's hardly going to take (for example) an hour and a quarter to drive from Ipswich to the M25 in a game.

Man of Honour
I think I will try to pick up a Logitech G27 or G29 with a shifter and then have a go and making one of these to fit to the shifter's spindle. I am going to make a button box as well. I had thought about the farming simulator bundle but the pedals are only twin and not triple so not really any better than what I already have. I have also seen plenty of people saying it's quite cheap build quality and having had a Saitek wheel and pedals before can understand why they say that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone use a 360 pad and find keeping on the lane a bit fiddly if ur left stick isnt as good as it used to be. Im using a steam default profile i think but tweaked the left stick from linear to wide, for driving and ui as its too quick on the main menu bits, its helped but i find trying when driving a bit troublesome still with little movements to go touch left or touch right or to center the wheel steering sometimes.

Also is there a must have dlc to have or not to bother, im just playing casually atm recently and only level 10 or so.

Also any tips for not getting tired on long hauls of 200k ish or more. I usually play when tired at night unfortunatly so sometimes after 20 mins my eyes get tired and i start to wonder off the road and sometimes crash lol. Wish u could have a skip to destination feature lol. Oh and thats me tired not the fatigue sim bit ingame as thats off. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone use a 360 pad and find keeping on the lane a bit fiddly if ur left stick isnt as good as it used to be. Im using a steam default profile i think but tweaked the left stick from linear to wide, for driving and ui as its too quick on the main menu bits, its helped but i find trying when driving a bit troublesome still with little movements to go touch left or touch right or to center the wheel steering sometimes.
I use an Xbox One pad sometimes and I've increased the deadzone at the centre as it sometimes has a little drift, behaved perfectly after that for me. You can do it within ETS2.

Soldato
Is that setting in the ingame settings for controllers which i cant do for some reason as ingame i can only config mouse or keyboard, i have to use steam controller software to config my 360 pad out of game.

Associate
Is that setting in the ingame settings for controllers which i cant do for some reason as ingame i can only config mouse or keyboard, i have to use steam controller software to config my 360 pad out of game.
Yeah its a controller setting within the game. Do you have Xbox Configuration Support ticked in Steam settings, I've found that this can cause some issues with games detecting Xbox controllers. I have it unticked.

Soldato
@Datamonkey Sorry for late reply, I'm asleep in the afternoon and awake in the night and early morning.

I'll get the list up shortly. As for online I'm not sure, since I don't play online. If a mod DOES support online I believe it would be included in the documentation.

Sounds Top Priority:

Sound Fixes Pack V20.51 (at the time of writing, it does get updates often so get it on Steam Workshop) this NEEDS to be at the top of the load order.

Weather:

Brutal Realistic Weather (by Kass, make sure she is the uploader and not someone else)

Other Sounds:

drholz's soundpack by Ata5il (His original soundpack will still work, can be found on SCS Forums > Sounds. IMO the BEST sounds for original trucks.)
Iveco Stralis Cursor 11 (by Kriechbaum)
Scania V8 Greek
Actros OM471
Renault T Range (by Kriechbaum)
2012 Volvo F12 (by Kriechbaum

Maps:

Promods Middle East Addon
Promods

Trucks:

Mack R Series (by Harven)
Mack CHU613 (Steam Workshop)
Scania 143M (by Ekualizer)
Iveco Turbostar (by RALF84, you may need a fix. If you do it will uploaded with/near the mod)
Iveco Turbo 190-38 Special (by Ekualizer)
Iveco 619
Magirus 290
Maz 6422
Maz 504
Zil 157
Man F2000
Freightliner FLC (by XBS)
DAF 95ATi (by XBS)
DAF F241 (by XBS)
Kamaz 5460
Kamaz 54112

Any mods you can't find let me know, I'll try and get them.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Digital X buddy, no need to apologise what so ever,

Your taking your time out to help others :)

Have you tried the above with JazzyCats stuff? I like to use his trailers, traffic and so on.

appreciate it buddy, will give them a go this eve when in from work.

Do the pro mods maps have realistic building names and petrol stations?

Once again thanks buddy.

Soldato
Do any of you play online, and if yes, how easy is it to get setup?

Hey fella, i play online,

its as simple as registering at TruckersMP and then downloading the app.

install it and start the game using their MP icon instead. Sign in and pick you server and off you go.

You will want to be at the stage where you own at least one truck though before going online.

And i always recommend sleeping for a night before attempting any jobs, so that your game time is synced with the server time, otherwise you can complete a load in record time for it to only fail and say your late forfeiting all rewards.

Hope that helps.

Soldato
@Datamonkey I don't think Promods has the real building names, there are mods on Workshop that have realistic petrol station like esso etc.

I used to use Jazzycats trailers and cargo, and traffic packs, then found he was a thief from several members so stopped using his stuff. It should work fine though I have never had problems with any of his packs.

Associate
Hey fella, i play online,

its as simple as registering at TruckersMP and then downloading the app.

install it and start the game using their MP icon instead. Sign in and pick you server and off you go.

You will want to be at the stage where you own at least one truck though before going online.

And i always recommend sleeping for a night before attempting any jobs, so that your game time is synced with the server time, otherwise you can complete a load in record time for it to only fail and say your late forfeiting all rewards.

Hope that helps.

Big thanks. My kids love playing this so I guess I need an extra copy to play alongside each other.

Back
Top Bottom