Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Interchangeable covers are awesome.

I think people could get really creative with this, vinyl coatings, powder coatings, multi-color-panels, etc.

Myself I'm gonna be going with a digital only version, but holding out till I can get/mod an all-black look on the console and controller.

Soldato
It will be, it is the fear of missing out... whilst everyone else is playing it

I am torn, but think I am going to wait (as hard as it may be!) :p

I'm waiting too.
I am picking up Valhalla, Watch Dogs and Sackboy at launch and Ratchet & Clank soon after. I'm sure I'll keep myself occupied until the PS5 version comes out.

Associate
Just to confirm, the upgrade for PS4 games to PS5 will include the next-gen upgrades in terms of graphics and performance?

So it will be cheaper to pick the games up on PS4, then get the upgrade and play on PS5 when I'm ready?

Associate
Don't think we've heard anything yet if PS4 games will be upgraded for PS5, if they're not I may cancel and get a Pro as I'll be mainly playing PS4 games at launch (skipped this gen).

Associate
Don't think we've heard anything yet if PS4 games will be upgraded for PS5, if they're not I may cancel and get a Pro as I'll be mainly playing PS4 games at launch (skipped this gen).

I was more talking about the newer games coming out like Cyberpunk etc, I know the backwards compatibility will be for the majority of the older library.

I'd still get the PS5 over the Pro as it looks like all PS4 games will work with it, and you can buy the newer games when you're ready.

Caporegime
Just to confirm, the upgrade for PS4 games to PS5 will include the next-gen upgrades in terms of graphics and performance?

So it will be cheaper to pick the games up on PS4, then get the upgrade and play on PS5 when I'm ready?

Yes but not right away. You buy the PS4 version now and then at some point in time you'll get the PS5 native version for free, which should have 4K resolution, 60fps and faster loading.

Soldato
^ err AC:V has a release date of Nov 12 for PS5. Surely that will be the full PS5 optimised version and not simply an optimised PS4 version with a full PS5 upgrade later down the line?

Associate
^ err AC:V has a release date of Nov 12 for PS5. Surely that will be the full PS5 optimised version and not simply an optimised PS4 version with a full PS5 upgrade later down the line?

Seeing as games are looking to be £60+, isn't it better to get the cheaper PS4 version and play it when the upgrade comes?

I probably won't be getting the PS5 at launch, so this is a better option for people like me who are looking to wait a little bit

Associate
As far as I can make out, the PS5 sleeved version of AC:Valhalla is the PS5 version and the PS4 sleeved version is the PS4 version but if installed on PS5 would download the PS5's updated version (this should be obvious?).

Ubi (thankfully) are going the 'smart delivery' approach on their titles but also making PS5 sleeved versions for people who care about things like that.

Soldato
In all honesty if deciding between a ps4 pro and ps5, unless one of the very few launch titles interests you I would get a ps4 pro and wait for the ps5 slim or ps5 pro before going the ps5 route.

I am not sure where this craze to buy a console on launch day comes from. (although I have ordered a series S lol).

Soldato
It's almost as clear as mud :)

There isn't anything at launch which excites me so AC:V was at least something I could enjoy on day 1 with the full PS5 bells and whistles. Various comments here and there suggested this may not have been the case and in fact the "enhanced" PS5 version would come later ...

Associate
It's almost as clear as mud :)

There isn't anything at launch which excites me so AC:V was at least something I could enjoy on day 1 with the full PS5 bells and whistles. Various comments here and there suggested this may not have been the case and in fact the "enhanced" PS5 version would come later ...
What confuses me is that surely it cant be that difficult? Just put the resolution up and change the settings from medium to ultra like you'd do on a PC and make sure it runs at a good framerate.

Caporegime

Yes, my mind was elsewhere, mainly thinking about such titles as Cyberpunk 2077, Borderlands 3, The Witcher 3 which all have unknown dates for PS5 native versions.

Soldato
Ubi (thankfully) are going the 'smart delivery' approach on their titles but also making PS5 sleeved versions for people who care about things like that.

The main difference would appear to be that the PS5 version will only require the inevitable day one patching, the PS4 version will require an entire download of the PS5 version.

Back
Top Bottom