• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Currently have a Xbox one with a USB3 HDD drive in with most of my games on it, will I be able to unplug this and plug it straight into a series x and have my games show up? Or will it want to format the disk, or not load the games etc?

Soldato
Currently have a Xbox one with a USB3 HDD drive in with most of my games on it, will I be able to unplug this and plug it straight into a series x and have my games show up? Or will it want to format the disk, or not load the games etc?

want to know this too please.

Soldato

That should just work, its what I'll be using for all of my Xbox/360/XB1 games.

Man of Honour
850mAh is quite low though, the official battery is 1400mAh or you could get a decent EBL charger with a set of high-capacity AAs for the same money.

I'm passed the days of gaming for more than 15 hours. When not in use the controller will be popped back onto the stand, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
I hope they fix and prove the game recording stuff on Xbox.

I've got a Series X on pre order and currently own Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

The PS4 Pro game recording is so much better and has loads more features.

2 minutes max record on Xbox in 1080p, no game chat recording. Rubbish

Just got a win on warzone and pressed record and it just recorded 6 seconds it does this so much so annoying and on top of that no audio with the recording.

Soldato
The Xbox One Venom charger is naff. The batteries don't hold much charge and the charger is temperamental. Hopefully the Series version is better.

Associate
Been told the Venom charging dock isn't compatible with Xbox one controllers. So may get the PowerA Dual Charging Station instead. It states its compatible for both Xbox one and the Xbox series controllers. Only downside is it charges by plug instead of USB but the batteries are 1100 mAh so that's a plus.

Associate
I'm gonna order a four pack of the rechargeable IKEA LADDA 2450mAh batteries, only £5.50 and they have rave reviews (I'm told they are non branded Panasonic Eneloop but I have no way to verify this)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think I have 2500mAH rechargeables somewhere. I guess it depends whether I want to spend £15 for a charging stand and never have to worry about it running out again since it’ll sit on there when not in use.

Man of Honour
Mine will be out in the open so no problem, weird to read that it’s hot on standby though?

Obviously the expansion card was hot, anyone whose surprised at that knows nothing about hardware.

Last edited:
Soldato
It gets no hotter than anything else running high end hardware in a compact box. Gaming laptops have been doing it for years....

The fact it’s outputting a lot of heat is a good sign the cooling system is working well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom