Help purchased a pc and its HW banned

Soldato
I havent cheated i still have my cod account from season 3 just trying to worl out how i can unban the pc
No one suggesting you have - just forum banter.

True, but unfortunate for anyone buying a second hand PC with maligned hardware.

Something additional to ask when buying second hand motherboards/systems, I guess(?) - not that i imagine you would have much come back (as technically you're just buying the hardware).

It's certainly worth contacting Activision (as you have) but, as already mentioned, your chances of it being resolved are very slim, unfortunately. It may come down to how much $ you want to pay to play the game.

Once you've established if it is the motherboard - what is the spec of your PC? As you don't have to get the exact same motherboard if it's an expensive/deluxe model - but if got the system cheap and pre-built it's unlikely it is.

EDIT: The above seems to have been addressed - while I paused posting in a phone conversation.

Associate
Does any one in here realise the implications?

I understand software monitoring and so on but hardware?

Since when hardware have unique number and who gives the right some company's gather such information.

I realise there is tos, and u either agree and play the game or disagree and play something else.

I'm scared what the future is gona be for pc owners.

Faking hardware. I own it and I dont want any unique signatures in it for fak sake.

Rant over.

To the op. My guess would be it's a motherboard.
The one can only guess, what chip has the number activation has blacklisted, but I guess this chip can be reprogrammed.
Ofcoz if entire board cost 65£ then its not worth it.

This is something I'm gona go deep into.
I started learning electronic engineering and this have peaked my interest.
Implications are dire.

Associate
After some research I can see there is more to it that a motherboard.

OP do some research and see if u can get a hardware spoof. U might be able to get around it.

Changing few parts might help.
Like new hard drive and new graphics card. Following by new fresh windows install.
It might create new hardware I'd.

It's hard to say how they do it, without talking to some clever ppl or cheat makers.

OP you should try other forums.

Back
Top Bottom