• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Exactly. If they come in with £499 with 3080 class performance with 16Gb and actually have stock available it will be a huge win!

Hard not to agree with that, but it's also not really the touted performance leadership. Falling in just behind the 3080 at sub £500 would be a hell of a card though.

Interesting little tricksy hobbitses they are.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
One thing I will say, Lisa and her crew have improved their presentation skills. They still need to do a lot of work to reach Nvidia's level though :p

They need to learn how to create desire.

Associate
People need to stop cherry picking AIB 3080 scores too, when we only have Stock Navi scores to go off, and we don't even know which model.

Exactly, just like how they started the CPUs with the 5900x and not the 5950x, they won't have shown the top RX6000 series and instead shown maybe the 5800 or 5800XT etc.

Soldato
That Borderlands 3 benchmark puts it at a dead heat with the RTX 3080 and that game isn't particularly favourable towards AMD according to TechPowerUp but then again we don't know what was being benchmarked but certainly looks promising.

It's an AMD partner / sponsored game?

Man of Honour
People seem to have quickly forgotten the wording AMD used when talking about the GPU. They aren't sandbagging.

I suspect they will get a little more out of it before release but you are looking at maybe a 3080 competitor - probably 2-4% behind.

Why, AMD are being very Coy ands its not Nvidia and Intel worried

They weren't particularly coy on the CPU side - knocking on Intel's door when they had the advantage and some shots fired in the last slide behind Mark before he turned it back to Lisa (I'm surprised no one is talking about that).

Soldato
Problem is finding benchmarks that are comparable - you can't just pick any random benchmark of that game as people are doing. I quickly skimmed a few and used an average which is about as close as you are going to get at the moment IMO.
You quoted me before I edited my post. I took a quick look at TPU database to get a handle on 4K performance but since we don't know what the benchmark was it makes it hard to compare.

Soldato
It's not long till 28th best just waiting before getting into a debate and searching the Internet for answers.

They is still up in the air what navi GPU was shown and how much tuning they still is from now till launch.

Associate
I'm going to try not to read too much into the random teases and stuff until independent reviewers have them and see if they went full nvidia and basically made it all up or if it's all just somewhat cherry picked and mildly representative.

Man of Honour
You quoted me before I edited my post. I took a quick look at TPU database to get a handle on 4K performance but since we don't know what the benchmark was it makes it hard to compare.

Yeah at best it is a rough guess right now. One thing is for certain though they've exceeded Turing's performance though by how much is less clear.

Soldato
People seem to have quickly forgotten the wording AMD used when talking about the GPU. They aren't sandbagging.

I suspect they will get a little more out of it before release but you are looking at maybe a 3080 competitor - probably 2-4% behind.

I think the "excitement" is that AMD are competitive. They aren't competing with the 2080ti/3070 as some had hoped. They are clearly nipping at the heels of the 3080, with what ever product was shown.

Associate
I think the "excitement" is that AMD are competitive. They aren't competing with the 2080ti/3070 as some had hoped. They are clearly nipping at the heels of the 3080, with what ever product was shown.

Will be interesting if this is the top tier GPU and they manage to refine the drivers further to get more power, and it actually OC's out of the box, could quite easily see a scenario where it passes the 3080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom