Cineworld to close all its UK cinemas putting 5,500 jobs at risk

Associate
Personally, I dislike cinemas. Usually because other people (seemingly a popular opinion!). I’ve probably been once in the last 10 years.

That being said, the news is saddening. Just because I don’t like them doesn’t mean other people should be deprived, and also for the people who’ve lost their jobs.

Soldato
I like cinema but its so expensive really costs about 20 quid to go for 2 of us, more with parking, fuel and if we get snacks. So only ever go to films I really want to see, my Mrs isn't fussed so never really chooses anything she wants. When you can get a release day Blu Ray for £15 and watch at home able to pause for toilet or get a cuppa its hardly worth it. I do like the experience but like people say it's ruined if there's anyone on phones or talking etc, and I'm always surprised when this happens due to the ticket cost. As a result though we've only been once or twice in the last 4 or 5 years. Last film I went to was once upon a time in Hollywood, incidentally at a great Cineworld.

Soldato
For me it's completely the opposite, the cinema is far cheaper than anything else and less distracting than being at home. £13/month for unlimited access to the newest releases, it's paid for itself with just 1 film a month based on local prices. I usually see 4 films and sometimes take someone on meerkat for a re-watch or if there's something else they want to watch. I have a 4k TV and 7 speaker surround but I have neighbours so I'm limited to the volumes I can use unless they go out. Fuel/parking not an issue as I combine it with a food shop after (no people around at night).

Back
Top Bottom