• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
To be fair this nag has been flogged to death, its not as bad as your making out and AMD are keen to learn from it is the take away.
I mean I'm fine with people continuing to spread this kinda rubbish means the AMD card I want is delivered before my 3080 I bought and paid for in full nearly a month ago x

It is folly I have to admit. Just look at 3080gate where they had to release a driver to fix crashing. Absolutely the same yet get away with it.

Man of Honour
Because no one noticed it and I found it interesting that AMD in an AMD presentation for CPU's with GPU's at the end were using nVidia GPU's in their CPU benchmarking, it's nothing to do with trolling. Could you imagine nVidia using an AMD card? Nope. It was just something I noticed and as it was CPU and GPU related, it was posted. Sure the world won't fall apart because I posted in two different places.

It is kind of amusing but I suspect they are still tuning their performance with the Navi GPUs and/or they weren't available in time for benchmarking.

Soldato
Doesn't change anything - while they didn't go into the details was still a fair bit of time spent teasing GPU stuff. Given the tone there is no way they'd have held off some teasing if they had something faster to show off (people seem to have quickly forgotten the wording they used as well)

Projecting. We've seen the same tired diatribe since nVidia's 30 series announcement. "Wahhhh if AMD had an answer they'd speak up already." I don't get how a company having it's own marketing schedule is such a foreign concept to folk.

Maybe AMD don't have anything. Maybe they do. "wahhh I want info and I don't have it therefore they suck" is such a dumb conclusion though.

Soldato
Because no one noticed it and I found it interesting that AMD in an AMD presentation for CPU's with GPU's at the end were using nVidia GPU's in their CPU benchmarking, it's nothing to do with trolling. Could you imagine nVidia using an AMD card? Nope. It was just something I noticed and as it was CPU and GPU related, it was posted. Sure the world won't fall apart because I posted in two different places.

It is always the same use a high end Gpu, it isn't about the Gpu's that is on the 28th, no one would use a mid range card to show off a Cpu.

Man of Honour
Im still perfectly happy with what i'm seeing so far. If they come close to a 3080 or manage parity with it then it's getting them back in the fight. How it scales down resolutions might be a bit more telling seen as so many 3080 owners seemingly are playing at 1080p still :rolleyes: They really didn't show enough to get our teeth into but say they showed the absolute best they have, if they can make this cost effective on a smaller bus while still being scalable and power efficient then it might be a compelling product. Why is it many in here seem to think that a product has to be the absolute fastest and take all performance crowns to be a compelling product? if they come out and offer you near 3080 performance for 200 less is it still a bad product?

Soldato

Using nVidia GPUs to show off their CPUs isn't that wild.. How could they use their own GPUs??? They've not even announced them yet, their performance numbers aren't public - they literally can't use them without spoiling it.

Soldato
No way that's the top performing Navi21.

Keeping quiet all this time, leaving AIBs in the dark on performance, quashing of sources of leaks for months only to reveal your hand during a preview 3 weeks before the launch presentation?

I don't buy it for 1 minute.
If that was the 6800XT and they have a 6900XT and XTX above it, that would be very promising, given the tease card whatever it was was close to 3080 performance.

Bring on 28th.

Pet Northerner
Don
Im still perfectly happy with what i'm seeing so far. If they come close to a 3080 or manage parity with it then it's getting them back in the fight. How it scales down resolutions might be a bit more telling seen as so many 3080 owners seemingly are playing at 1080p still :rolleyes: They really didn't show enough to get our teeth into but say they showed the absolute best they have, if they can make this cost effective on a smaller bus while still being scalable and power efficient then it might be a compelling product. Why is it many in here seem to think that a product has to be the absolute fastest and take all performance crowns to be a compelling product? if they come out and offer you near 3080 performance for 200 less is it still a bad product?

that's exactly it IMO. It looks to be on or around the 3080 - I'm cool with that. I'll take a little less as long as it's priced well.

If not, Nvidia will get my money once stock sorts itself out.

Soldato
Doesn't change anything - while they didn't go into the details was still a fair bit of time spent teasing GPU stuff. Given the tone there is no way they'd have held off some teasing if they had something faster to show off (people seem to have quickly forgotten the wording they used as well)

Again it is about Cpu easy as that, Amd Gpu's are 5 weeks away until launch, why say anything at moment when Nvidia are launching 3070 soon.

Soldato
It is kind of amusing but I suspect they are still tuning their performance with the Navi GPUs and/or they weren't available in time for benchmarking.
Completely agree mate, I'd have done the same. Right now they 1). Want to keep 6000 series underwraps and 2). They know that 5700XT won't show off their CPU as well... so why not use something the world loves and owns right now, a 2080ti instead, as everyone can relate to those at the minute to show off their CPU's, made perfect sense, however I've never ever seen a rival use each others hardware, and fair play to AMD doing it tbh, they're not hiding anything at the minute.

Based on the 5000 series CPU launch demo which didnt' even have BS in it really i.e. when they showed the gaming benchmarks againsts Intel, the didn't compensate for the fact that they're currently in Zen 2 around what, 15% at least slower than INTEL in a lot of gaming benchmarks and now they're ahead in most fo them even showing a negative in there in one of them, was it BF5? Can't remember... anyway...

...that there is more honestly than I was expecting tbh.... so based on this, I believe whatever they come up with on 28th Oct it's fair to say it'll be decently honest, maybe they've looked at INTEL's recent terrible CPU launch both in mobile and desktop and nVidia and thought lets just be honest>? Who knows... we shall see.

I'd love them to turn up and say BTW, crossfire is BACK!!! 2x6900XT's would be lush!

Associate

Its in striking distance of 3080..
RT might be significantly slower than Ampere .. we had a chart somewhere showing theoretical peak intersections those will be shared with texture operations
.. but theres a possibility that AMD can still hit a higher RT throughput due to its flexible implementation
At 200 less its looking very good, much better than the 3080

Associate
RT might be significantly slower than Ampere .. we had a chart somewhere showing theoretical peak intersections those will be shared with texture operations
.. but theres a possibility that AMD can still hit a higher RT throughput due to its flexible implementation

But i am seeing a long queue.. possibly a repeat of nvidia.. lulz

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Absolutely vince. I mean if the power consumption of the 3080 is higher then I think it will be a long time since AMD were more power efficient than nvidia? One scalp down, but as its not green team it wont be something to brag about :rolleyes:

Caporegime
The new Ryzen CPUs look fantastic, bravo to AMD and looking forward to reviews as always.

Seeing a glimpse of the 6000 series was perfect for them. Just look at the internet, it is lighting up. They've drip fed something for people to argue about for the next few weeks until the 28th. I laugh at how people are going "thats all the 6900xt can do" - err...nobody (not them) said its a 6900xt, just its a 6000 series card. It could be any of them.

Now imagine if that was the 6800xt and its trading blows with the 3080 yet its priced significantly cheaper. Then what of the 6900xt?

This is so exciting!

Man of Honour
I just re-watched the gpu release section and...

What wording? They never referred to a card other than saying they now affectionately call it big navi. Other than that they only refer to it as 6000 series so as yet we have no real idea on what sku we are really looking at. Realistically you would expect their best but it's always possible it might not be. Kinda like they segment the 5950x after they already tell you that the 5900x is the best they then show you better again, you wonder if they might do that like NV do the 3090.

I question that segmentation as they bench the card with the 5900x rather than the 5950x

Last edited:
Soldato
The new Ryzen CPUs look fantastic, bravo to AMD and looking forward to reviews as always.

Seeing a glimpse of the 6000 series was perfect for them. Just look at the internet, it is lighting up. They've drip fed something for people to argue about for the next few weeks until the 28th. I laugh at how people are going "thats all the 6900xt can do" - err...nobody (not them) said its a 6900xt, just its a 6000 series card. It could be any of them.

Now imagine if that was the 6800xt and its trading blows with the 3080 yet its priced significantly cheaper. Then what of the 6900xt?

This is so exciting!

Get this optimism out of here! Haha! :D Luckily for me i can't afford highest end so if they price it right and its still decent performance it could be my next card. :)

Associate

Fingers crossed, your speculation, works price wise and performance wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom