England Squad

Associate
Pickford was made to look a really good keeper by how crap Sunderland were out pitch. He makes too many mistakes and can be quite erratic. Everton will be back in the market for a permanent keeper come next transfer window.

Pope just seems so much calmer too. Henderson back on the bench at United makes me sad.

Soldato
Bit disappointed with Saka. But then I don’t think LB is his best position. He’s better up in the opponents half. Maybe Southgate should try him there for 15 minutes or so.
Yeah this formation isn’t really working

wales not posing any threat so we don’t need 5 defenders

Don
Pickford was made to look a really good keeper by how crap Sunderland were out pitch. He makes too many mistakes and can be quite erratic. Everton will be back in the market for a permanent keeper come next transfer window.

Pope just seems so much calmer too. Henderson back on the bench at United makes me sad.

It would be interesting to see how Pope did at a bigger club with the added pressure and the expectancy of him being able to distribute the ball better and sweep up things. He does make quite a fair few mistakes himself, or has done in the past but doesn't have the scrutiny because he's at little old Burnley.

Caporegime
Yeah this formation isn’t really working

wales not posing any threat so we don’t need 5 defenders
Saka isn’t even listed as a defender on the Arsenal website. He’s been moved from defenders to midfielders. Coming from a LB position is making it too hard for him to use his pace.

As you say, the result isn’t really overly important and Wales are barely threatening. No need to keep these players pegged towards their own half.

Associate
It would be interesting to see how Pope did at a bigger club with the added pressure and the expectancy of him being able to distribute the ball better and sweep up things. He does make quite a fair few mistakes himself, or has done in the past but doesn't have the scrutiny because he's at little old Burnley.

I think that ultimately Henderson will become number one. Agreed regarding Pope needing a bigger team to take a chance on him.

Back
Top Bottom