• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I found out that ASUS ships to the UK using 2 main distributors, Ingram Micro and VIP Computers. Surely these are also where OcUK gets their stock from as it's not direct from ASUS which was confirmed by the ASUS rep I spoke to. I'll be calling them both to find out if they can provide some sort of update on the Strix card situation.
Not sure they’ll talk to the public, but fingers crossed!! Ask for some TUF’s too (preferably just over 100 of the OC variety!!)

Associate
Wait how are in the 1380 position if you ordered the Asus TUF on the 2nd of October. I pre ordered the card on the 24th of Septembre at 17:05 an I'm in 1621 position. Did u ordered the Asus TUF OC or the non-oc?
That was when I received my e-mail of my position. I ordered my card on 21st September.

Associate
Having been given a queue position last Friday, seeing no post's suggesting they have recieved any Tuf non OC cards and no further update on queue position (meaning it hasn't changed) this week I'm questioning my decision at this stage, going to see what posts relating shipments look like over the next couple of weeks before deciding whether to stick it out or not.

Associate
See this is so odd to me, I ordered a Gigabyte Eagle 4 mintues after you but im 370ish in my queue. The TUF was much more popular so this just doesn't make sense. From the spreadsheet LastOf kindly compiled you can see there was almost as many orders for the eagle in a 10 minute window between 15.09 and 15.19 as the entire first 2 hours for the most popular card the Tuf. (170ish Eagles in 10 mins vs 190ish Tufs in 2 hours)

Literally every other card has a smooth progression of cards ordered per minute except the Eagle. 20% of its total orders to date came in a 15 minute window. I fully understand there would've been a spike anyway because the website began working at 15.00 for most people but why is the spike for the eagles literally 10 times bigger then any other GPU?

Kinda makes me think that the swaps, that were allowed for weeks and only allowed if moving to a cheaper card, were all to the Eagle as it had lower total orders then the other "MSRP" cards.
Its because for that time the pre-order button actually had a dispatch date of the 23rd sept so lots (like me) assumed OC knew what they were doing and we wrongly put our confidence in them :(

Associate
blame schools these days my 14 and 16 year both use math also it’s a accepted term now in our education:)
Jesus Christ that’s absolutely horrific news.
Why on earth would we be downgrading the English language to use American terms? Do they accept wrongly spelt words like color as well ?
Never mind 3080 stock shortage , british people using the word “math” is the big issue !

Associate
Prior to all this I thought OCUK were a power in the market, the more feedback members come back with from manufacturers and suppliers the more miss-guided I feel.

Amazing how the retailer is now the worse source of information and many get more from Twitter!

The plus is at least the cards are coming through!

Associate
A long time ago I used know people who Managed the MSI GPU factory in Shenzen and a PM in the Dev center in Taipei. Shame I lost touch. Would be handy right now to find out what is really going on.

Back
Top Bottom