Quest 2 Facebook leak - XR2 chipset, 6gb RAM, "almost 4k display"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi I'm considering getting a quest 2.

For a newbie entering VR what games would you recommend off the bat?

Also (using quest one experience) are the graphics reduced for the quest when not linked to the pc for most games?

I've got a 2700x and 1070ti. Would I be able to run alyx?

I'm thinking a quest one with a lower res might be a better option?

Quest 2 will always be the better option because of reduced SDE, you can reduce the render resolution in Steamvr when running pc games like Alyx and the image will still look better on a Q2 than a Q1

Alyx has auto resolution as well anyway, so it will dynamically reduce the resolution to try to stop you GPU being overwhelmed

Soldato
Quest 2 will always be the better option because of reduced SDE, you can reduce the render resolution in Steamvr when running pc games like Alyx and the image will still look better on a Q2 than a Q1

Alyx has auto resolution as well anyway, so it will dynamically reduce the resolution to try to stop you GPU being overwhelmed

That's useful thanks. I've heard alyx is well optimised. Will it look trash on a 1070ti?

Any other game recommendations?

Soldato
Cancelled the 64gb and ordered a 256gb instead, seems a better bet.

The official cable is a bit expensive, anyone use a third party cable like Anker, a 12ft Anker cable is £13.

I think the Anker ones work but need additional power for greater cable length, whereas the official fibre optic one doesn't and will charge your headset at the same time.

Official ones may be hard to get a hold off mind you, or at least not arrive on launch day.

Associate
That's useful thanks. I've heard alyx is well optimised. Will it look trash on a 1070ti?

Any other game recommendations?

im looking forward to walking dead saints n sinners - but If you play via the wired connection of virtual desktop the graphics will be better. medal of honor comes out soon and a cool looking jurassic park game soon also. supposedly lone echo is good - my first time getting a vr set also btw but been reading about things a lot

Soldato
OP
Air Car (flying through a Blade Runner style city) is a great free experience to try in PC VR. Be warned though, that it can be hard on the stomach if you start flying extreme maneuvers. However it's a great chill experience if you take it easy.

Soldato
im looking forward to walking dead saints n sinners - but If you play via the wired connection of virtual desktop the graphics will be better. medal of honor comes out soon and a cool looking jurassic park game soon also. supposedly lone echo is good - my first time getting a vr set also btw but been reading about things a lot

My first set too, been watching out for deals. Got "Keep talking and nobody explodes" for about £3 on the Rift store, but it unlocked it on Quest. Then they had a deal on Superhot too recently. Worth checking out deals until the headset comes out.

Soldato
No it will run very well. I played on high settings on a 980 TI.

As for games. Elite Dangerous \ Project Cars 2 \ FS2020 ( when vr added ) for sims.

That's very useful thanks!

Didn't quite understand your second sentence. You're saying it will run well for those games as well?

Soldato
OP
Upload VR on the Elite Battery strap:
... I will say the Elite Battery Strap is a fair bit better than the current $49 Elite Strap and if you were considering getting the base Elite Strap and Carrying Case separately, the added battery charge and improved comfort definitely make this other bundle worth the extra $30 or so.

So it looks like the Elite battery strap is more comfortable (due to the counterweight) than the Elite strap.

Soldato
The Elite Strap with the battery is giving my headaches!! :p

Just got an email that my order has been delayed another week because of the Elite Strap :( Might see can I switch my order to deliver the strap later.

Soldato
OP
The entry price looks great, then you start totting up all the extras.......:p

Bit like the Quest 1. £499 for the 128gb... but then £60 for prescription lenses, £40 for the official case, then over £100 spent on various extras trying to get the darn thing more comfortable! Just as I get it at an acceptable level of comfort the Quest 2 launches that needs its own accessories. (Though at least I can use the prescription lenses from my old Quest).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom