And boomers wonder why millennials are bitter towards them..

Man of Honour
Ban foreign ownership of homes, Or homes than are for let simply make it illegal to own a house that you do not live in for 300 days of the year and you must be a UK citizen.

I was born in the UK (to British parents if that is your thing) and my primary residence is in the UK. I also have a home in Spain and travel a lot. By your (ill thought out, draconian and opressive) rule I would not be able to own that house. I run a business in the UK and pay a good deal of tax and I would like to think make a more than reasonable contribution to society. But under your rule, I would not be able to own my house because although I am a citizen I don't spend enough time in the UK. Utterly stupid.

Cap home ownership to one property per couple and no passing it into the kids early before 65 to make it so you can buy another or you pay a large levy fee of 20%. Inheritance after natural death will be zero fee.

Authoritarian much. Or just jelly?

Have a British home that is standardized and plans fir this are available online to download. This will bypass the architect and save some money. It also should cut build costs because every brick and bolt and bit of wood is standardized and the same size this is a well proven way of reducing costs in all types of manufacturing. It would simply be called the UK house.

You know, given the authoritarianism, the generic state mandated housing and the lack of interest in individuality you seem to have, you might like Russia or China as a place to hang your hat. Unfortunately for you, both have moved on significantly in the past decade or so and allow a greater flexibility and freedom of expression in housing than they once did.

Get rid of as many leeches in the chain who use houses as a job creator. So surveyors, Architects, Planning permission cut as many people out as possible to save money. And make linkups to the electric grid universally free but water optional for types who want to further cut fee and recycle water etc.

Architects are the enemy....really? Architects are often self-agrandising nitwits, but they are hardly a leech on society. This must be a wind up. Are you an adult?

So your one size fits all home removes the need for architects (other than presumably the team of genius architects that manage to create a single dwelling fit for all purposes). We no longer need planning since we just pepper the landscape with our generic dwelling pods. Where I can I sign up for your authoritarian dystopia?

Do something about people who get £200 a day to plaster the walls of homes. Can it be fair that they get so much more than say a binman? Where is the morality in letting these people take massive chunks out of the housebuild cost when thier job is not any more inportant than trash collection.

Plastering is quite a skilled trade. Being a binman is an important job but not a huge amount of skill. Plastering takes a couple of years to get really decent. Morality? please...

Finally if there are any other fees on builds like taxes etc simply remove them i am sure people can brainstorm even more but i suspect the cost of land also needs looked at in the same way. I guarantee if all the above were implemented we would see a massive home sell off and supply and demand easing costs but the UK home would be a low cost revolution and get many people into thier own home. But as i said originally it will not happen because this us how politicians will invest thier money. The whole system is broke and corrupt

Are these 6 points above the result of brainstorming? An economist, property experty, humanitarian, reasoned person....you are not. You sound a lot like a despot. No foreigners, live how I tell you. Facist much?

Caporegime
If there's a thread which shows how the wealth divide and selfishness of people it's this one.

You can clearly see the haves and have nots.

Permabanned
If there's a thread which shows how the wealth divide and selfishness of people it's this one.

You can clearly see the haves and have nots.

Exactly people called me a racist on here, I am also far right yet i am a communist now too! :D

The truth is i have two qualities i am very proud of, The first is honesty, My second is fairness and i simply believe my proposals are best for society at large AND Britain. A house is the building block of prosperity its outrageous i know people age 65 who just finnished a mortgage and worked for a combined total of 40yrs in the NHS. Yet there are people out there who own a few and run stupid business ventures and apparantly its fair?

I triggered a lot of BTL home owners here who obviously are the haves and these people make up the minority. If everyone can get a home owned it will free them to do a start up or another thing. Britain would boom economically if the majority prospered and NOT the few.

As i said its a myth, You can see by the reaction i got and one point i will say plastering is more skilled than a binman? Ok but try living with unplastered walls apparantly its a trend now ever seen the state of the place when binmen go on strike? My mates been a plasterer since about age 19 also, And he took the yellow bus to a special needs school because mentally he is slow but hes a half decent plasterer. Go figure!!!

Soldato
Exactly people called me a racist on here, I am also far right yet i am a communist now too! :D

The truth is i have two qualities i am very proud of, The first is honesty, My second is fairness and i simply believe my proposals are best for society at large AND Britain. A house is the building block of prosperity its outrageous i know people age 65 who just finnished a mortgage and worked for a combined total of 40yrs in the NHS. Yet there are people out there who own a few and run stupid business ventures and apparantly its fair?

It really depends what you want in life. If you want to earn lots of money, you don't join the NHS. If you want to help others live better lives you probably do. It's just that money happens to pay for houses.

How does your ideal world look? Everyone paid the same? Your suggestions put thousands of people out of jobs, for what? Equality?

Permabanned
It really depends what you want in life. If you want to earn lots of money, you don't join the NHS. If you want to help others live better lives you probably do. It's just that money happens to pay for houses.

How does your ideal world look? Everyone paid the same? Your suggestions put thousands of people out of jobs, for what? Equality?

Almost the same yes apart from Doctors and indispensable people. I do not care about putting thousands out of work because as C19 proved we are overpopulated, Too greedy and a lot of people have non essential employment we can do without. I would rather live in that world yes. The equal world where i think if two people sweat for 8hrs a day there should not really be that much of a gap between them where as you see Trump, Gates etc earning the same as how many binmen and doctors?

Soldato
Almost the same yes apart from Doctors and indispensable people. I do not care about putting thousands out of work because as C19 proved we are overpopulated, Too greedy and a lot of people have non essential employment we can do without. I would rather live in that world yes. The equal world where i think if two people sweat for 8hrs a day there should not really be that much of a gap between them where as you see Trump, Gates etc earning the same as how many binmen and doctors?
How do those out of work survive in your world? They just die because there are no longer jobs for them? More on the poverty line? Sounds like more inequality to me.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
See: Cuba

What you propose is literally how communism (ideally) works..so don't be surprised when people call you a communist with your extreme views :p

Caporegime

It doesn't work.
Jobs have to pay more for rarer skills.

I sure as hell wouldn't be doing my job if I was paid same as a shelf stacker. There's no point in skilling up if it doesn't add some value.

I agree with some sliding scale where by more house you let out the more unprofitable it becomes. That way there are still rentals. But you don't have one person with an empire.

Man of Honour
As i said its a myth, You can see by the reaction i got and one point i will say plastering is more skilled than a binman? Ok but try living with unplastered walls apparantly its a trend now ever seen the state of the place when binmen go on strike? My mates been a plasterer since about age 19 also, And he took the yellow bus to a special needs school because mentally he is slow but hes a half decent plasterer. Go figure!!!
Isn't it great that even someone not blessed with enormous intellect can take the trouble to train themselves in a marketable and needed skill and be rewarded for it?

Man of Honour

I triggered a lot of BTL home owners here who obviously are the haves and these people make up the minority. If everyone can get a home owned it will free them to do a start up or another thing. Britain would boom economically if the majority prospered and NOT the few.

Your ideas are literally communist, which is why people are calling you a communist.

Standardised housing
Standardised working
No non-essential (whatever that means) jobs
Strict regulations governing property ownership and rights

That is communist, I can't see how it's anything but communist.

ps - I'm not a BTL rental baron, not even a homeowner!

Permabanned
Your ideas are literally communist, which is why people are calling you a communist.

Standardised housing
Standardised working
No non-essential (whatever that means) jobs
Strict regulations governing property ownership and rights

That is communist, I can't see how it's anything but communist.

ps - I'm not a BTL rental baron, not even a homeowner!

Yet i do not believe in being stupid enough to pin everything on one ideaology. I am able to actually look at Communism and Capitalism and objectively decide i like different parts from each one. This is why each one has followers because each one has truth and merits. But a Communist? No i believe in Communist like fairness when it is something like a basic need like a home or water i do not believe Capitalism has any place at all in the housing market. Its greed corrupted it already.

By all means, Keep the Capitalism but ringfence it to retail and banking for example. This way each camp can have thier Capitalism and Communism and thus harmomy in society unlike what we had before. So you should call me something like a Commucapitalist. ;)

Also Stockhausen i never seen you display many qualities either mate, Always pointless sly digs which are a waste of your time and mine. I will not engage in the bait further.

Last edited:
Soldato
No i believe in Communist like fairness when it is something like a basic need like a home or water i do not believe Capitalism has any place at all in the housing market. Its greed corrupted it already.

And yet you don't seem to believe it's fair that someone who takes years to perfect a skill gets paid more than someone doing a job that literally anyone could do with a couple of hours H&S training? Whilst I'm not for a minute saying binmen don't do a valuable job (and should be fairly rewarded for the antisocial hours and unpleasantness of the job), it doesn't exactly take much investment.

Besides, your £200/day for a plasterer isn't actually that much. Bear in mind they are likely to be self-employed (if they're working for someone else, they aren't going to be getting anywhere near that!), once you take off materials, business overheads (e.g. insurance, advertising, membership costs of any professional organisations, tools & equipment, vehicles), sick & holiday pay, it's going to be closer to half that.

Soldato
Yet i do not believe in being stupid enough to pin everything on one ideaology. I am able to actually look at Communism and Capitalism and objectively decide i like different parts from each one. This is why each one has followers because each one has truth and merits. But a Communist? No i believe in Communist like fairness when it is something like a basic need like a home or water i do not believe Capitalism has any place at all in the housing market. Its greed corrupted it already.

By all means, Keep the Capitalism but ringfence it to retail and banking for example. This way each camp can have thier Capitalism and Communism and thus harmomy in society unlike what we had before. So you should call me something like a Commucapitalist. ;)

Also Stockhausen i never seen you display many qualities either mate, Always pointless sly digs which are a waste of your time and mine. I will not engage in the bait further.
What aspects of capitalism do you like?

Soldato

The main issue, political leanings aside, is these ideas become difficult when you are where we are as a nation.

You know the answer to most of your ideas is simply a 'council' house.. this ticks all the boxes without having to go down the (usually not a good ideal) of equality of outcome.

Permabanned
And yet you don't seem to believe it's fair that someone who takes years to perfect a skill gets paid more than someone doing a job that literally anyone could do with a couple of hours H&S training? Whilst I'm not for a minute saying binmen don't do a valuable job (and should be fairly rewarded for the antisocial hours and unpleasantness of the job), it doesn't exactly take much investment.

Besides, your £200/day for a plasterer isn't actually that much. Bear in mind they are likely to be self-employed (if they're working for someone else, they aren't going to be getting anywhere near that!), once you take off materials, business overheads (e.g. insurance, advertising, membership costs of any professional organisations, tools & equipment, vehicles), sick & holiday pay, it's going to be closer to half that.

I said the pay gap should be much more narrow actually, What if the other person has some kind of issue where mentally they are a bit inept and only able to do a lowly job. Is that not a form of discrimination to pay them less though? Also the £200 a day was in NI where houses can be 60k in a very bad area, 80k in a half decent place and 120k and up for a nice place. It is too much as an average and they bloat house prices and make some nice places like the country impossible for an average person. A new build bungalow might be 160k+ or more.

Also Basher, I have not thought in depth about what i like about Capitalism, But there is no denying it has also created prosperity alongside inequality. Sometimes it seems like a bit of black magic but take OCUK for example and loans and banking while not perfect i enjoy thier benefits and would like that to continue.

Soldato
I said the pay gap should be much more narrow actually, What if the other person has some kind of issue where mentally they are a bit inept and only able to do a lowly job. Is that not a form of discrimination to pay them less though?

Really? :confused:

It would be discrimination to pay them less for the same job, but why should they get paid the same as someone doing a completely different and more difficult job? By your logic, shouldn't a paper boy be paid the same as a neurosurgeon?

Also the £200 a day was in NI where houses can be 60k in a bad area, 80k im a half decent place and 120k for a nice place. Its too much as an average and they bloat house prices.

Is education and training that much cheaper in NI? Is running a business that much cheaper in NI? How much do you think a plasterer should be paid then?

Back
Top Bottom