***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Soldato
I always thought the Homepods were a nice, compact size already but plenty of people seem stoked for a smaller version. Maybe the existing versions are bigger than I remember.

Soldato
We won't see any AR devices at the event though, maybe some cool stuff but no actual products. We'd have been bombarded with leaks (controlled and otherwise) if Apple were to release AR devices in a week.

Apple likes teasing people with event pages though :D And then disappoint when nothing happens at the actual event.

Funnily enough, I'm not going to expect anything this time and therefore won't be disappointed :D

Soldato
I've been with android for 8 years now but depending on the price point of the 12 I may well be tempted if it's offering a lot more for the money than the Pixel 5.

I've pre-ordered the Pixel 5 and love the Google eco-system but I do wonder whether this year if the 12 is £700 or less then I might be tempted :o

Soldato
OP
I'd be surprised if Apple does differentiate between the specs of the two Pro models. I guess they would be able to make the camera sensors larger for the Max, but then that would be having three different camera setups to create four different phones. Seems very un-Apple to me.

Soldato
I'd be surprised if Apple does differentiate between the specs of the two Pro models. I guess they would be able to make the camera sensors larger for the Max, but then that would be having three different camera setups to create four different phones. Seems very un-Apple to me.

The leaked specs that are out suggest only a small difference in zoom (5x for the Max versus 4x for pro).

Associate
I'm hoping one of the new phones tickles my fancy, as currently operating on an iPhone 7 with a 77% battery. I do however still have my 6s and 4s as backup just incase it goes kaput :D

Commissario
I didn't check all the models but my Apple Watch in exactly the same configuration as last year was twenty quid cheaper. This could be an indication that the phones will be similarly priced compared to last year.

Soldato
And me, if the price is right... Have just put an offer in on a house though so dropping £700 on a phone is probably silly
Yeah, it is still fairly expensive. I’ll probably do the amazon pay over 5 month thingy for this phone. :) looking forward to the reveal tomorrow !

fez

fez

Caporegime
I always thought the Homepods were a nice, compact size already but plenty of people seem stoked for a smaller version. Maybe the existing versions are bigger than I remember.

They are a really nice size and the audio on them is great. I think the big reason for a mini (like 99%) is the pricing. The vast majority of the market has no desire to spend £200+ on a speaker. Siri is decent and I use it a lot in the kitchen HomePod but its not enough to justify the cost. The big plus for me is that its a really nice looking, compact, quality speaker. The voice commands just make it easy to play the music I want.

I might get another one for the living room soon.

Think about the quality of music and the quality of headphones most people are happy with. The HomePod is massively overkill sound quality wise for most people.

Back
Top Bottom