The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
I'm betting the head-popping sup is Gus, or w/e his name is in this.

Hummmm... Had that thought as well but then realised it doesn't make much sense. Draws too much attention towards Vought although that said they could play it off as they are being attacked as well as A-Trains replacement got popped.

Man of Honour
I'm betting the head-popping sup is Gus, or w/e his name is in this.

Hummmm... Had that thought as well but then realised it doesn't make much sense. Draws too much attention towards Vought although that said they could play it off as they are being attacked as well as A-Trains replacement got popped.
It might be a member of the Church of the Collective. They seem to be collecting supes.

Associate
The episode prior to the latest was my favourite of the season so far but this one wasn't as good. Still hasn't reached the heights of the first and I don't think it will, but it's plenty good enough to keep watching.

Associate
Still enjoying this, but though the comic was similar, the "Well 'ard cockney bruiser wiv' a right old ******* of a bullying Dad" character is getting to be a bit of a cliche, just another of the only 3 or so English character types that USA writers seem to think exist. Fair do's that Garth Ennis is from NI but he does write cockney pretty well in the comic and likely helped create the cliche.

Soldato
loved this. is it just me or is Butcher channelling Jack Sparrow w/ some of his body language and mannerisms?

absolutely fell off the chair when Homelander pushed the kid off the roof, and his reaction to it.

Soldato
Lol they were able to use that scene they weren’t allowed to in S1. I feel a bit on the fence about season two though, there were an awful lot of plot conveniences, and I do wonder if they have a solid long-term story arc given they’re not using the source material as anything other than inspiration rather than adaptation. Don’t want it to quickly end up as the badly drawn horse meme.

Back
Top Bottom