French Open 2020

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, he's a fantastic talent but Nadal has little in his arsenal to hurt him with the weather this cold. No pace or spin to the forehand he'd be dominating with usually.

Quite like the high looping cross court forehand he's playing now though, opens up the court for the shot down the line.

Edit: I've watched tennis for almost 12 hours today :o

Excellent performance from Sinner, dominated most of the points in the 1st set, a lot of points in the 2nd but look mentally beaten in the 3rd. Semi finals will be very tough for Nadal but there's no way he's beating Djokovic this year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Swiatek is basically the Ivan Drago of the tennis world. As powerful as the hardest hitting men, capable of ridiculous amounts of spin and has a team of coaches, tacticians and psychologists to back her up. She's a cheat code.

Caporegime
OP
I thought she was well old, only 31 and retired in 2018.

Would love to know Swiateks string tension, she can't be generating that much power from her size or technique at only 19. Does hit through the ball fast though.

Soldato
As it turned out, Kenin didn't need much coaching during today's match as Kvitova struggled to find her game.

Hopefully the final will be more competitive.

Caporegime
OP
Still sad that we can't see Nadal's forehand behave like normal but the short looping topspin shots are almost head height for Schwartzman.

Edit: Hard to keep track of the ball with the roof half over.

Caporegime
OP
Schwartzman not as competitive as I thought he would be today, seems to have had a game plan which Nadal has worked out and now he's stuck for ideas.

Edit: Really impressive from Nadal, was concerned after his performance in Rome and his complaints about the weather and balls but this is a beating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom