PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
I'd love to play these co-op with someone, is there any way to organsie that kind of thing through the dashboard?

I've just started a gears 5 campaign but would much prefer to play with someone than do it solo. I've done about 3-5 hours but don't mind starting again.

Not very knowledgable about Gears lore though. I only played the first on the 360. I did buy 4 on PC but never got round to playing it. Started 5 as it was on game pass.

Associate
Could people suggest a decent game to download from gamepass please....so far i have

The outer worlds
Forza horizon 4
Gears 5

Is there any gems im missing? either online multiplayer or single player, i cant seem to see much on there thats any good lol

Thanks

Gears Tactics
No Man's Sky
Alien Isolation
A Plague Tale Innocence
Dishonored 2

Caporegime
I completed Wasteland 3.

I tried to start a new game but it just goes to a black screen now, like the intro movie is missing.

I even uninstalled and re-downloaded and that didn't solve the issue. Any ideas?

Associate
When are we getting EA Pass on Game Pass PC? i only have Game Pass PC and not Ultimate so will i be eligible to get it? i cant find out how to access it as i thought it was already available?

Soldato
When are we getting EA Pass on Game Pass PC? i only have Game Pass PC and not Ultimate so will i be eligible to get it? i cant find out how to access it as i thought it was already available?

Console is Nov 10 but December for PC, as far as I'm aware no specific date in December yet.

Associate
I've just started a gears 5 campaign but would much prefer to play with someone than do it solo. I've done about 3-5 hours but don't mind starting again.

Not very knowledgable about Gears lore though. I only played the first on the 360. I did buy 4 on PC but never got round to playing it. Started 5 as it was on game pass.

this sounds good, I'd be game. My controller has just goosed so I need to get another one then I'd be up for it. Let me know and we can try and sync times if you're game (unless anyone else jumps in)

Associate
thanks. I buy the 36 months Xbox gold on on the Brazil store via vpn. Then when it’s on my account, I go back to the U.K. store and use the £1 switch option? Apparently, I set it not to get the free month?
I bought 3 Brazil Gold cards, added them to my account one at a time via vpn. I unticked auto payment option so I didn't get a free month (Can only upgrade 36 months from Gold to Game Pass). Then back to my account on UK website and upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate.

Associate
Forza Motorsport 7 available on PC game pass now.

Used to love the older Forza games so was/am keen to give it a go, but it seems to be an awful crash-fest for me. Regularly dumping out to desktop without an error (Event Viewer flags a crash with nvwgf2umx.dll) so tried latest Nvidia drivers. Reading the Forza forum and people suggest to use an old driver that came out before my 2070S's release, so it's not even listed on Nvidia's archive driver list for my gpu... what a pain...

not had stability problems with any other game, so I don't think it's anything obvious, but I do have my ram and gpu oc'd a little, which can't be uncommon these days. I know it's been released on PC for a while now, but surely the installation base will increase with Game Pass, so I'm amazed how unstable it seems.

Associate
Forza Motorsport 7 available on PC game pass now.

Used to love the older Forza games so was/am keen to give it a go, but it seems to be an awful crash-fest for me. Regularly dumping out to desktop without an error (Event Viewer flags a crash with nvwgf2umx.dll) so tried latest Nvidia drivers. Reading the Forza forum and people suggest to use an old driver that came out before my 2070S's release, so it's not even listed on Nvidia's archive driver list for my gpu... what a pain...

not had stability problems with any other game, so I don't think it's anything obvious, but I do have my ram and gpu oc'd a little, which can't be uncommon these days. I know it's been released on PC for a while now, but surely the installation base will increase with Game Pass, so I'm amazed how unstable it seems.

Oh crap, this has had constant issues with crashing and stutters and generally not running very well, since it's kind of been abandoned for the past 18 months, I was optimistic that when they were adding it to game pass they'd kind of put a little TLC in and fix it, yes the most recent NVIDIA driver has been CTD for me to

Soldato
Oh crap, this has had constant issues with crashing and stutters and generally not running very well, since it's kind of been abandoned for the past 18 months, I was optimistic that when they were adding it to game pass they'd kind of put a little TLC in and fix it, yes the most recent NVIDIA driver has been CTD for me to
This is so great to read when I am just about to finish downloading it.

Microsoft.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
This is so great to read when I am just about to finish downloading it.

Microsoft.

Hahaha. I eyed it up this morning and will probably download it tonight.

Not really my sort of game but it would be rude not to give it a go. Didn’t get on with the other Forza but as I have Game Pass I thought I’d give it a go anyway.

Soldato
Well, I just played for about 2 hours and zero issues. No crashes, framerate is about 130 in 4K maxed out (but I play in 60vsynced), everything works perfectly.

That said if I am not missing something, there is only one city track, in Prague? Which is cool and all since Prague is our capital city and it is beautifully rendered here, but I expected more city tracks. I vastly prefer them over standard circuits. As it is, I guess I will keep playing GRID for now.

Associate
tried disabling Avast and seemed better, but still CTD with latest Nvidia drivers.

rolled back to 442.50 drivers and played for a while this morning and no crashing, also no stuttering, ace...

ramped up scaling to 200% with all options on highest and still 100fps, nice.

but... there's a few graphics issues...

1) flags in the crowds sometimes jump in their animation, found a vid of this bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFDRzLlRrP4
2) lights/lighting sometimes seem to flash randomly (e.g. some bridges seem to flash bright/dull and the driver on the menu screen is sometimes lit on/off).
3) night race in EB111 and the car's headlights glitch on/off randomly

also, it would be nice to tweak the LOD, as you can sometimes see the jump from low geometry models to nice ones...

buggy mess tbh...

while googling the bugs I read:
---For flags flickering---
-use RENDER SCALE only at 100%, more will introduce flags flickering.
-use SHADOW QUALITY only at DYNAMIC, Ultra,High or anything else will introduce flags flickering.

---For LODs at night race---
-use CAR MODEL QUALITY at DYNAMIC, anything else will introduce a very bad LODs.
(if you race by day you can change this settings to ULTRA, it's more beautiful than dynamic by day)
so, I'll now try turning all the options back to dynamic (but I'll try keeping 200% scaling).

*edit*
I also do not understand the homologation rubbish... I know it's to try and keep all cars on the track competitive, but isn't that the point of the D, C, B etc. bands from all previous Forzas??? I bought a 2013 MX5, rated D at stock, went to race open class and the game wanted me to "homologate" it to the top limit of S class. So, back to tuning and returned it to stock and as the "manual homologation" option, so thought I'd try turning it into a C class event. Added a couple bits to get it to C rating, went to the event and it's back to forcing me to upgrade it to an S class rating?!?!? Given the D, C, B etc. ranks are there to score each car, so why does it force me to jump my MX5 to S rank, instead of being happy populating the field with D, C, B, etc. ranked oppositions to match whatever rank I've tuned the car to?!? Given some of the appeal of the game is tuning/modding the car for more and more events, it seems rubbish that it forces you to the pre-defined "race spec" for that car - unless I've missed something really obvious...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom