• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Can people please stop selectively quoting the distance selling regulations, it states "deliver the goods within 30 days, unless you’ve agreed otherwise with the customer"

O.C have clearly stated they're out of stock in multiple different ways, delivery dates are unknown and given us ways to be refunded. If we willingly stay in the queue it would clearly be seen as agreement to delayed delivery by any court nationally.

You'd have more luck trying to argue the fact they included a promotional code that "lured" purchases with no ability to deliver before expiry of that promotion, but you'd be arguing against NVIDIA for that one so good luck.

I know its super frustrating but threatening empty legal action wont help, just wait in the queue, if you can afford to, and try and find some other distractions. Personally I'm sold on RDNA2, if i don't have my card by then I'll refund and get that.

Soldato
its gonna be close but i think its going to miss out on some bells and whistles and unless its at a 3070 pricepoint i can't see many jumping for it. most will likely cancel and make do with a 20 series until next year when prices will eventually settle. that is unless a 3070 is enough for them and they can snag one of those early enough :)

Yeah, waiting might even be a good option at this point if you can - I mean we'll have 20GB 3080's by then, the 3070 will be out, and we'll likely see custom PCB's from 3rd party manufacturers with multiple improvements to board design, size, and temperatures.

Soldato
@Gibbo @GIGA-Man the frustration intensifies :(

Please provide an update of when I am likely to get a return on spending my life saving on a Gigabyte Eagle OC, i'm 672 in the queue so feel I may end up giving this RTX 3080 as an heirloom to my distant unborn grandchildren.

I refer you to this post

You can cancel your order using this Google form. There is also more information here... and have a fab day/weekend also :)

Associate
Well well well, fancy seeing you here wedge

Money has been taken. A product has been promised. Under EU law (which we still work under) if it has not been delivered beyond 30 days, you are entitled to a refund. Even if it is a pre-order, the product is available. It is a released so it would be reasonable to expect the product within 30 days of payment being taken

You are correct in my understanding. Like a preorder is only a preorder until the item is released. Then it becomes a back order/order. If the retailer knows the fulfillment will go beyond those 30 days they have to make it clear before purchase. The exchange of funds is an agreement that those funds will be used to order the card. People could always cancel. Then again a listed ETA is an inducement to purchase from one supplier instead of another. I think thats why others have removed preorders. The 30 day fulfillment rule applies.

Associate
This is a lie. We didn't agree on anything. We had the situation imposed on us. When I made my purchase the site said ETA 23rd of September. This never happened. So, no, there was never an agreement to anything
Yea I specifically bought from OCUK rather than any competitor because it said delivery ETA 18th Sept, and it took a while for it to update...like almost two hours after launch, and I bought it an hour after launch. I just assumed because so many people were having trouble using the site not many order had gone through, but about 200 alone for my card had gone through by that time.

Associate
This is a lie. We didn't agree on anything. We had the situation imposed on us. When I made my purchase the site said ETA 23rd of September. This never happened. So, no, there was never an agreement to anything
By not asking to cancel you're agreeing to the delay. It's all your choice.

Associate
Got off the phone with the ASUS distributors for the UK (Ingram Micro & Vip-Computers) and decided to cancel my 3080 Strix OC order as a result. Let's just say a certain other big UK retailer has priority when it comes to stock.

I called out OC about this compared to the Gibbo quote:

Luckily, Overclockers UK is one of the biggest and oldest NVIDIA partners and we will be one of the first companies to get stock."

on their discord and got threatened with a ban for defamation/slander. WOW. I've spent thousands at OC over the past 5 years and the second this card arrives I'll never be back.

Associate
Yea I specifically bought from OCUK rather than any competitor because it said delivery ETA 18th Sept, and it took a while for it to update...like almost two hours after launch, and I bought it an hour after launch. I just assumed because so many people were having trouble using the site not many order had gone through, but about 200 alone for my card had gone through by that time.

It only actually said "ETA 18th Sept", not what that eta was for.

Understandably people didn't realise that was OC meant by that was their first shipment was expected to reach them on the ETA date, rather than reach the customer, and hopefully they have learnt that lesson and won't put out such details again without making them abundently clear.

Associate

on their discord and got threatened with a ban for defamation/slander. WOW. I've spent thousands at OC over the past 5 years and the second this card arrives I'll never be back.
Oh thats you! Im pretty sure they unfortunately covered their tracks by saying "one of the first" and as such can claim they said nothing false.

Soldato
Nope, I never agreed to the delay. I'm disappointed that my money was taken upfront with no product in sight, not even ETA. Waiting for refund is also a bummer as it effectively lock the funds away from me and removes my purchasing power to get the card from competition. It's a prisoners dillemma situation.

Associate

Is it defamation/slander if its true? We've all come to the same conclusion and if a supplier of OCs says they're not important than OC should take it up with them. The fact they are stating something thats clearly not true puts them in the cross hairs of advertising standards. Threatening with bans to try and silence you is really poor practice and to me only proves what you suggested is in fact the truth.
It only actually said "ETA 18th Sept", not what that eta was for.

Understandably people didn't realise that was OC meant by that was their first shipment was expected to reach them on the ETA date, rather than reach the customer, and hopefully they have learnt that lesson and won't put out such details again without making them abundently clear.
Yep. When i ordered i understood my card would arrive at OC on that date so i would receive soon after. Thats what sucks. I actually wanted the aorus and as it turns out if i hadn't been mislead i could possibly have had that by now

Associate
Oh thats you! Im pretty sure they unfortunately covered their tracks by saying "one of the first" and as such can claim they said nothing false.
yeah my forum name is super out of date lol.

I'd still argue "one of the first" is pretty misleading but I can see that wouldn't hold up in court. Doesn't make it any better to their customers and especially to threaten a customer like they did, left a really bad taste in my mouth for OCUK tbh. If Alee had replied with what you said, it'd of been absolutely fine with me and I'd of just been a little annoyed but just... ugh.

unknown.png

(For context, the screenshot I shared was @Bariseray 's comment about another retailer getting more stock vs Gibbo's comment about OCUK being "one of the first", implying they'd get at least equal stock)

Back
Top Bottom